GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Kinda look like an early Elantra up front, with a BMW bumper, and the Mercedes wagon back end of previous generation. Not a bad looking car, but they will have to work on the safety if they want to export this thing outside of China.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Actually, save for the W211-ish rear quarters, the car, as all Brilliance designs, is a pretty original one, penned by Giugiaro. Of all Chinese automakers, I have the highest hopes for Brilliance, and can't forgive BMW for not letting them take Rover. Those cars as Rovers, with more up-to-date Rover/BMW engineering, could've been a true rebirth of the British (Leyland) Empire...

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I see some heavy BMW influence.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Actually, save for the W211-ish rear quarters, the car, as all Brilliance designs, is a pretty original one, penned by Giugiaro. Of all Chinese automakers, I have the highest hopes for Brilliance, and can't forgive BMW for not letting them take Rover. Those cars as Rovers, with more up-to-date Rover/BMW engineering, could've been a true rebirth of the British (Leyland) Empire...

Only Chinese....:rolleyes: Definitely looks like Brilliance is doing best of the Chinese automakers so far in terms of design, this isn't bad looking.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hopefully they work to improve their horrible safety as much as they can to avoid being called B***S***4 for the name of the car.

It's a good design, and surely, if they do export it to North America, it will be a best looking Asian car in its debut year. I am not sure about the Japanese, but I heard their FIRST cars to US wasn't pretty, and for Koreans as well, their first Excel was not considerred as a GOOD looking car, just ordinery. This Brilliance BS4 looks way better as a first car to be sold in North America if they make it.

I too, believe, Brilliance makes the most unique design for a Chinese company though they maybe derivative and just as bad as Hyundai's new Genesis sedan which is nothing more than a mish-mash of other brands, I do like them more than their Chery's which were nothing more than a ripped off Mercedes, Kia, and Daewoo among others, and tacking their logo on and pretends as if it was originally designed by them in the first place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts