GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It is one of the most loved and hated cars on Autoblog.com – the Ford Mustang, particularly the latest generation produced from 2005-2009 known as the S197. Its proponents rave about its bang for the buck and handsome retro looks, while retractors nag about the ancient solid rear axle and cheap interior. Whatever your opinion, no one can deny that the latest generation of Mustangs has been incredibly popular, both with consumers as well as the aftermarket. Perhaps too popular, according to many of you. It seems that a new version of the Mustang surfaces weekly and sometimes even daily. Whether from big time manufacturers like ROUSH, Saleen and Shelby, or simply one-off "special edition" Mustangs built by random companies looking to make a quick buck, there has never been a shortage of Mustangs from which to choose.

continue at the link

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
I would stop short of saying the "sun is setting" on the current Mustang. Yeah the 2010 model will look a little different inside and out, but 2012-13 is when the real changes will take place. Aside from that, that list of all the different versions of the Mustang is impressive. I knew there were a lot of them, but not that many (Roush even made a "P-51" Mustang?).

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I would stop short of saying the "sun is setting" on the current Mustang. Yeah the 2010 model will look a little different inside and out, but 2012-13 is when the real changes will take place. Aside from that, that list of all the different versions of the Mustang is impressive. I knew there were a lot of them, but not that many (Roush even made a "P-51" Mustang?).
yeah technically the platform is still the same and 2012-2013 will be when the stang is fully redesigned this is a MCE just like how the new fusion/Milan/MKZ are MCE's

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Although the platform remains, it was a very good platform to begin with, that is recieving many updates.

I recall the stang started at about $17,800 for a V6 with a MT. That was called stylish value. It was quick for a V6, safe and solid. A $25K GT was a performance bargain, and still is with the price increases. The GT's competition starts at $31K, and is only now showing it's face.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts