GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I went to NYIAS with a press pass (Man Its the best thing ever)!!

I got to sit in the 2005 STS. It was blue with the tan interior. the STS is MUCH more impressive in person. The Size is pretty large, but not too large, its the perferct size. Marc LaNeve was standing there talking to the dealers and I got some inside info (which will come onto the site on Sunday). The Interior is simply flawless, the huge sea of black plastic on the center stack is really un-noticeable when compared to the soft leather everywhere. The Seats have great support and the leather is silky smooth. Dash materials are equally impressive and the Navigation screen is huge and bright, though the stereo is a little confusing (Must use NAV system to get to stereo controls). Marc encouraged everyone to try out the stereo: the sound is stunning. Anyone worried about the bose capability need not, for the sound is breathtaking. One thing I find interesting is that the speed-o and other dials were not lit up. I am assuming it will be the same system as the Vibe where the dials will light up all the time when the key is in the ignition. Rear seat legroom is huge, and there is a center console that folds flat down. More info to come on Sunday...stay tuned...

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VeLite was on a rotating platform, however it was still impressive, but I couldn't sit in it :( !

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It always amuses me how *** huggers have a mouthfull when talkin about the MARK LEVINSON stereo they never heard before... what a marketing scam! If you said 'Harman Kardon' it wouldn't sound that impressive (ML is owned my Harman...).
Altough I don't deny the quality of the ML systems, the bose ones in the mercedes is probably as good, and hopefully this one in the caddy is better. I really think that GM should do the same, use a top end name (Audio Note, Macintosh, Krell, TagMclaren, etc) so that their buyer will turn overnight into an audiophile with exquisite tastes-hehe-

·
Registered
174 Posts
my father has a 2003 GMC Sierra, its fully loaded. Its got the 7 speaker Bose sound system in it and it sounds excellent, alot better than the stereo in his 2000 Sierra

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
The Bose 4.0 system in the current Seville was noted as one of the best OEM systems available...so the next gen Bose 5.0 should be quite impressive.

What did you overhear from LeNeve....I am curious.....I always like a little inside info.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by johnd89@Apr 9 2004, 11:44 AM
It always amuses me how *** huggers have a mouthfull when talkin about the MARK LEVINSON stereo they never heard before... what a marketing scam! If you said 'Harman Kardon' it wouldn't sound that impressive (ML is owned my Harman...).
Altough I don't deny the quality of the ML systems, the bose ones in the mercedes is probably as good, and hopefully this one in the caddy is better. I really think that GM should do the same, use a top end name (Audio Note, Macintosh, Krell, TagMclaren, etc) so that their buyer will turn overnight into an audiophile with exquisite tastes-hehe-
:D Wait wait wait! The Mark Levinson system in the LS430 is one of the best sounding steroes on a car period. But since there's all this new competition, it might not be up there. Anyways, I'm still sticking my favorite OEM stereo: the Dolby ProLogic system in the Volvo XC90. In every luxury car I have been in, that one is the BEST!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Apr 9 2004, 02:23 PM
The Bose 4.0 system in the current Seville was noted as one of the best OEM systems available...so the next gen Bose 5.0 should be quite impressive.

What did you overhear from LeNeve....I am curious.....I always like a little inside info.
Check out the Bi-Weekly Update STS-V info for what I heard...Bi Weekly Update

1 - 12 of 12 Posts