GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is another one of those unique cars that comes across extreemly strong. Im not really ready to comment on it quite yet. Its definantly a japeneese design.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I like the front and side, but the rear needs work.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Originally posted by Maetrix66@Apr 8 2004, 06:06 PM
I guess we all know the answer to the question,

"what would happen if a S2000 jumped the fence and bred with a RX8"
HAHAHAHAHAHAH exactly.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
This seems like typical Lexus: all parts look extremely high quality, and the entire vehicle looks like a laser cut it out from one block of metal (look at those gaps, or lack thereof), but the overall design is somewhat odd. The classic, simple, elegant lines of Buick's Velite easily walks all over this concept in terms of curb appeal.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I wonder if the dashboard is really like that.... or if it's photoshopped (the part with the rear-view camera).

Also wonder how the top folds. SSR Style? It's ok...better than the designs they have now.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
wow, look at that back seat!!
What, no superstretched head and tail lights? I thought eventualy they would just be one long plastic part that will stretch from the front to the back.
This looks like... well nothing much. There is no real design flare or anything that sticks out outher then the street-glow interior.
Any of the kappa's would tear this apart... we wont even get into what the Velite will do. Thank god its a concept. Maybe this would be cool for the next mars mission.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It looks as though th back wheels aren't properly centered in their wells. Not nearly as attractive as the Buick.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wow!!...very nice!!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
interesting indeed. at least we can all say that it's not a "badge engineered" TOYOTA

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by Maetrix66@Apr 8 2004, 01:06 PM

That's exactly what went through my head when I saw it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The back seems 350Z-ish.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by Maetrix66@Apr 8 2004, 06:06 PM

I was thinking more like S2000 & Crossfire...

Top down does not look good at all, quite the futuristic dash, I don't understand why so many concepts try these 20 years ahead dashs....

I don't like the back end either...

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Automotive News indicated that this concept possesses styling cues for the next generation IS300. I guess Lexus can think about the generation after the next in terms of competing with the vaunted 3-series, cuz I don't think this is gonna be enough.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
from the side shot, with a longer hood it can be a camaro!

overall, the car has some nice things going for it, but the rest are messing it up. it could have been a honda as well. when lexus stops copiyng mercedes it has no identity at all..

the small hole between the tailpipes looks like an a$$hole... :blink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts