GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
If this is Jeep's future design direction, they better quit suing competitors for 7-piece front grilles. Between the headlights and the sidewindows, it looks Chrysler-ized, like a jacked up version of that Hemi wagon they're building (the wagon I like, but this I don't).

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
;)my family owns a 2002 Grand Cherokee,but this one looks much worse,I would think 3 times before I make up my mind to buy it or not
but it's a HEMI :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I don't like the place of the air vents. It looks awkward. Besides that, no really big change to the Grand Cherokee. The body is the same. It looks like they spent so little to build this car. All they needed for the Grand Cherokee 2004 was an interior redesign, but they did a little bit more.....I just am not feeling the vibe!

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
And they raided the Mercedes parts bin for the headlights.

I understand the need for round lights (Jeep heritage), but figure-eight lights aren't required.

If you're going to add round lights, make it look more like the Liberty / Wrangler.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think it is ugly. And it is my guess that it is on a shared platform with the Durange. It looks to me that you can see some similarities. (notice hood line and shared powertrain)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Good idea Rex, the GC with only two headlights as opposed to the four.

The overall look of the GC is evolutionary which is not a surprise with Mercedes running the show. I reserve opinion on the SUV until I see it in person. The pictures don't seem to promising though.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
This thing looks fairly Jeepish to me. Whether going "big" with GC is a good idea remains to be seen.

At least Mercedes cares enough about Jeep's reputation to give it its own sheetmetal and personality.

If only GM felt as strongly about Saab.

·
Registered
708 Posts
For whatever reason the Hemi is detuned to 325-hp and 370-ft/lb.
But, obviously, that is still a good amount of power for the old GC.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Nice interior. Nice power. Decent exterior. Perfect heritage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts