GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I thought it was a motorhome until I realised how huge the seats were....man...that ranks up there with "scion" as ugliest vehicle in the world.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by AJR@Apr 13 2004, 09:12 PM
Does it say "Powered by Mercedes" on the side?
Yeah - the small black badge on the front side says "Powered by Mercedes Benz". Good eyes!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
thats nothing. They had one with tons of TV's. I actualy drove behind one while on my way up to the show.
This took the cake at the auto show...yes, a moster truck smart car.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Originally posted by PaleGreen+Apr 14 2004, 02:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PaleGreen @ Apr 14 2004, 02:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AJR@Apr 13 2004, 09:12 PM
Does it say "Powered by Mercedes" on the side?
Yeah - the small black badge on the front side says "Powered by Mercedes Benz". Good eyes! [/b][/quote]
I knew about that badge a few years ago when it was revealed that the Mercedes, Freightliner Sprinter was going to replace the Dodge Ram Van. How is that for an insult, especially for the guys and gals that lost their jobs at the Pilette Road plant that used to make the Ram van? Of course, anything that is Mercedes engineered will be superior. :rolleyes:

I was just wondering if the badge was still on the Sprinter and if anybody noticed it.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I saw a Dually Sprinter Van in a pasking lot the other day. I found myself being strangely attracted 2 it, liking it even, I'm worried :blink: .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Be careful of this one.... I know that UPS & FED-EX are currently participating in trials with this vehicle. If your in the market for one of these vehicles, it's quite a bargin - especially for individuals with their own business. I'd seriously consider one of these over a "G" van for utility purposes.

It's all about the target market. I bet you that DCX will sell more of these than GM will of CTS-V's.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by spartandiver@Apr 14 2004, 03:43 AM
Be careful of this one.... I know that UPS & FED-EX are currently participating in trials with this vehicle. If your in the market for one of these vehicles, it's quite a bargin - especially for individuals with their own business. I'd seriously consider one of these over a "G" van for utility purposes.

It's all about the target market. I bet you that DCX will sell more of these than GM will of CTS-V's.
considering that the CTS-V is a low production performance car, I would be embarsed for DCX if they didnt.
I bet you they sell more Corvettes then they sell Enzo's this year.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by spartandiver@Apr 13 2004, 10:43 PM
I'd seriously consider one of these over a "G" van for utility purposes.
I actually think they're pretty neat vehicles for commercial applications. The cargo area is truly cavernous! They're way too much of a "truck" to have any appeal to non-commercial users, tho.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by PaleGreen+Apr 14 2004, 12:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PaleGreen @ Apr 14 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AJR@Apr 13 2004, 10:15 PM
I was just wondering if the badge was still on the Sprinter and if anybody noticed it.
Here's a zoomed-shot of the badge:

[/b][/quote]
That's so terrible! Why not just glue a Mercedes logo atop the Dodge grill while you're at it... damn...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts