GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
I know many of you are going to hem-and-haw about this car....

It looks much better than expected. Is it larger than the newer Accord?

Though an 8-cylinder would be nice, the car looks like it will be offered in pretty good packages. The interior looks very comfortable and the exterior screems 'speed'.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
AAAHHHH! That thing's hideous! It looks too bland in the front. The rear is okay, and the interior is too blah.. Is that the word for it?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ahhh. Is this replacing the TL? Is this RWD?(haha) What does this have that the TL doesnt?
The interior is a little messy for a luxury car. And the styling is a mega step backwards from the TL. This looks more like an Civic. The headlights look like a rip off of the G6 and to take that further, the G6 looks better then this car.
Just another car to come up short compared to BMW, Caddy, MB and Infinity.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I dont like the front end either. Honestly, I would expect more stunning style from Acura. But the Interior is nice I guess..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ut oh, here go the Honda boys being Bangle like. Look at the BMWish Hump in the trunk. And that interior is way to busy! I think the auto industry has flipfloped GM use to make Interiors with 80 buttons and way to many curves and lines. Now all i have seen of there interiors are simple and functional. Where as everyone else is doing what they did in the 90's.

And what is the deal with that gas pedal coming out of the floor?

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I don't dislike this design, and it actually is a bit (just a bit) sporting. And the presumed engine (a roughly 300-hp V-6) I'm sure will be a stunner, as will the usual Acura quality.

However, I think the thing that bothers me most about this presumed $40,000+ car is that it doesn't stand out compared to many lesser vehicles. Actually, it does nothing to excite nor disgust me. A similarly-priced 2005 STS seems to make more of a statement (positive or negative, depending on your tastes) than this car. The STS, particularly the dark blue one displayed in the photograph with Caddy's head, Mark LaNeve, appears to be "richer" and to possess more presence.

But, for Acura's sake, it's new and will therefore certainly sell better than the very aging present RL.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Apr 7 2004, 02:49 PM
ahhh. Is this replacing the TL? Is this RWD?(haha) What does this have that the TL doesnt?
The interior is a little messy for a luxury car. And the styling is a mega step backwards from the TL. This looks more like an Civic. The headlights look like a rip off of the G6 and to take that further, the G6 looks better then this car.
Just another car to come up short compared to BMW, Caddy, MB and Infinity.
no...its replacing the RL...or might replace that is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
that front end is awful. i think acura did well with the new tl, that one is a nice car overall. however this rl is awful, and will not sell well at all. it looks like a long g6 or something, acura did bad with this one.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
the tl is light years ahead of this.
the headlsmps are screaming old accord!
how could they go so wrong?
you know what is funny? even looking like that, this car will sell well, just because is a freakin acura

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
The outside screams "Styled by Sears!"

The inside...clearly was designed by somebody else...its exceptional. It looks like an almalgamation of the best influences of German, British, American, and Japanese design influences.

So...one out of two ...sounds like GM in the old days...half incredible...half woefully boring.

Honda is on its way to the skids if it doesn't wake up in the next few years.

I know they are far awy from severe problems. But they said that about the General in the 70's too.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
It's OK on the outside, but the interior looks luxurious. 300HP V6 seems cool and SH-AWD will be the best in class. Not bad.

·
Registered
211 Posts
TL=good,
RL=not enough....

back seats look comfy, it seems quite wide, or those seats are going to be too thin for the avg american. Leather doesn't look to be very good quality either..
front end isn't aggressive enough, waay to honda....
trunk does look bmwish!

overall it's not bad, but I agree, it doesn't make ANY statement, and there's better things out there for the price!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I don't like the front end. I think my biggest gripe about it is the hood. Either the fenders are covering up a good bit of the engine bay, or they're going to have that V6 squeezed in there pretty tight.

Given that Acura is just re-badged Honda's for the US (everywhere else in the world, they're called Honda's), it's not unexpected that the styling is so much like other Honda vehicles. But yeah.. nothing appeals to me about this vehicle. The interior looks rather uninspired and busy to me. As mentioned elsewhere, the leather looks pretty cheap.

That steering wheel... buttons on a steering wheel can be good things, but this is borderline calculator-watch. Sure, it seemed like a good idea on paper, but who the hell actually wants to use one of those?

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
The front overhang looks like it will be long. It's a bit hard to judge without a real profile shot. The trunk is odd and cheap looking. The Bangle-ish butt is a turn off. The interior, especially the doors look overly complicated.

I'm going to agree with the others here, the TL is much better overall looking.

Mark

·
Registered
651 Posts
That slopeing headlight thing is really weirding me out, the whole proportion of this car is off and it's a bit two faced, at one angle it looks sporty, at another it looks old and fat and yet another it looks wrinkled and cluttered with lines.

The SH-AWD looks interesting though, I certainly would like to see it on more sporting versions like the TL or TSX. Sadly tho, Honda sticks with the V6 in a market of V8s, sure it's 300HP but what's the torque and how loud do those 300 horsies squeel when sitting in this luxary car??

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
leather and fake plastic wood look cheap, i should know i have an impala with same problem. centerstack looks too cluttered. front end looks small in comparison to rest of car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts