GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks like the current one with a new interior and a new Nissan truck-family front end (a la Pathfinder and Frontier). Certainly nothing special here.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Man Nissan is going at this the hey look at me I am a tough guy look! It looks very similar to the old one, just bigger wheel arches and bolder face. Not horrible.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Looks like an old 4Runner.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
A Nissan USA representative described this as an "evolutionary" design, with a capital "E." I disagree; since I'm not a fan of Nissan, I'm happy to see that this is an evolutionary design with a teeny-tiny "e."

The 250-hp 4.0 VQ engine is noteworthy, however! On behalf of the new Canyon/Colorado, I'm jealous. But, I know that GM will be placing the 350-hp turbo(?) I-5 in their small pickups as an option, so we all have nothing to worry about (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sorry. I really can't stand the Pathfinder/Frontier/X-Terra's styling. They don't really surprise me or anything. I don't like the Nissan Maxima either. The car looks overweight (seriously). The Quest, I do like, but a lot of people just don't. Nissan just isn't surprising me.....

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I like how they kept the original design but made it more bulging. Nice. 250HP is awesome for its class and the rugged interior is great for active lives. Don't like the interior? Then move up to the Pathfinder. I think that's what Nissan is stating here.

·
Registered
613 Posts
There was nothing wrong with the original Xterra so I'm happy that that visual changes are minimal. However, the powertrain changes are exceptional!

Also, this truck is now built on a modified version of the Titan's chassis. I'm "guessing" that will be tougher than the Frontier's chassis.

The pop up lid on the roof rack is a nice touch, as are the steps in the sides of the rear bumper.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
wow... nose job and heart transplant. Interior looks like it was carved out of one solid chunk of cheap plastic. The Colorado looks like a Caddy compared to this junk. Nothing all that amazing.
As for engine power, not bad. Beats out the GM twins, but thats to be understanded...... we still make more power per liter... muahahahha! RIGHT BACK AT YA IMPORT FAN BOYS!! :woot2:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Apr 9 2004, 03:02 PM
wow... nose job and heart transplant. Interior looks like it was carved out of one solid chunk of cheap plastic. The Colorado looks like a Caddy compared to this junk. Nothing all that amazing.
As for engine power, not bad. Beats out the GM twins, but thats to be understanded...... we still make more power per liter... muahahahha! RIGHT BACK AT YA IMPORT FAN BOYS!! :woot2:
:huh:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this is a WAY old thread... but

I love my Xterras :)

I only wished GM would have built something to compete with them..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts