GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Definitely a hot looking truck! The interior is fantastic, and I love how they are drawing it close to the Range Rover. Only two things wrong with it: a) why is Land Rover also going to alphanumeric? Why can't they keep the Disco name? B) it's missing a rear-door mounted spare. That rear-door is definitely in need of a spare mounted on it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
They're dropping the Discovery name in the US because apparently it has to play and they want to put the brand front-and-centre. In Europe where "Discovery" has a much stronger reputation it'll be known as the "Dicsovery LR3" if I'm not mistaken.

As for the spare tire, they moved it under the rear seats for safety and packageing reasons. I'm sure they have a whole catelog full of stuff to jazz up the back with :D

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
That's the ugliest Land Rover I've seen yet.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
I think that this is a handsome vehicle, inside and out. It possesses an upscale look that I'm sure will appeal to status-conscious buyers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2nd grade lunchbox with a Tokyo Taxi rear end.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I just don't like it. The interior dashboard looks unique though, just like the Volvo XC90....but the back I don't like. It looks too boxy. The front is okay. The Range Rover is a nice vehicle. The Discovery just never really appealed to me.....

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by markform@Apr 7 2004, 12:35 PM
It's got FORD written all over it!

Looks like an old Land Rover mated with an Explorer or Expedition. 

What's next?  A blue oval emblem? :lol:
Well, considering it's already got a green one, it's halfway there! :laughbounce:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
WHERE? it looks more like a mix of old Discovery, and new Range Rover. Ford? not quite. you people are so biased toward hating FoMoCo that you can't tell a good product when you see it. get over it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by SUPERBADD75@Apr 7 2004, 04:13 PM
WHERE? it looks more like a mix of old Discovery, and new Range Rover. Ford? not quite. you people are so biased toward hating FoMoCo that you can't tell a good product when you see it. get over it.
Honestly I can say that I sorta like it. It's miles ahead of the Discovery and not quite as monolithic as a Range Rover. Pretty good. Bias? HA!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Oooh, cool. I know tons of people at my school whose parents drive Land Rovers. Glad to see that they have a new one coming out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts