GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
the door handles on this appear like old nissan maximas and the such. the lines are taurus esque, which is dated. the rear end is jsut like the infiniti g35's which is a bad rebadge. and those lights look like a gatling gun, not very good at all. really i was expecting much more, especially because infiniti's website was really hyping up this car as the future model of sedans. the interior though is right on, and i like it very much, except those brown cowboy leather seats might not fancy many people. really disappointing though. i see this, the rl, and the new 5-series and i think that sts is going to clean up house once it comes out and catches on.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
The M45 seems better. The Q45 isn't a bad choice though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Could this thing have anymore lights in the headlight assembly?

When this car came out, one magazine stated that the Xeon lights (with those little projector-like beams) were the brightest they had ever tested.

Also, is that a nightvision camera in the lower air dam?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Believe me - a guy who owns an Infiniti - the Q45 DOES have the brightest lights in any car, EVER! Seems a little garish if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811@Apr 7 2004, 06:57 PM
Believe me - a guy who owns an Infiniti - the Q45 DOES have the brightest lights in any car, EVER! Seems a little garish if you ask me.
The Xeons in this thing could probably fry your retinas right out of your head if it was in oncoming traffic. Headlight standards respecting other drivers please!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Originally posted by bradlemp@Apr 7 2004, 05:22 PM
the door handles on this appear like old nissan maximas and the such. the lines are taurus esque, which is dated. the rear end is jsut like the infiniti g35's which is a bad rebadge. and those lights look like a gatling gun, not very good at all. really i was expecting much more, especially because infiniti's website was really hyping up this car as the future model of sedans. the interior though is right on, and i like it very much, except those brown cowboy leather seats might not fancy many people. really disappointing though. i see this, the rl, and the new 5-series and i think that sts is going to clean up house once it comes out and catches on.
The steering wheel caught me first, right out of the 5th Gen Max (minus wood of course) and the window switches look like they are form the pathfinder or another model. This interior was designed when Nissan was in the dumper. I would have thought they would have upgraded it this time around. At least a new M45 is coming, based off of a bigger FFM chassis (G35) it ought to be sweet and this time without the Q's interior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It kinda looks like a smoothed out Crown Vic to me. Wouldn't say it's a great looking car, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. The headlights are a little much though, I wouldn't want to get in a minor fender bender with those! I really do like that interior though!

Chad

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
umm... what did they change???

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seeing these cars in person is underwhelming. How can the same company that designs the G35 coupe F*** up their sedans so easily? The M45 and Q45 are not what a person in the $45K to $60K range is looking for. On a scale of 10 I give it a negative 3.

·
Registered
44,258 Posts
What the heck?
The lines are more Ford/Jaguar like than ever. Those silly head lamps are still there. The dash looks very high tech... yet very generic at the same time. In fact the dash is jsut too busy. And what's with the color of the leather seats??? :blink:

Infiniti has done nothing but screw up the Q45 over the last 4 iterations. The 1st one is still the best.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts