GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm fairly certain that I read somewhere that the Vue and equinox would be getting hybrid systems in teh near future (2005 or 2006)?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Hybrid cars shouldn't say 'Escape Hybrid' on the sides. If it should, then we should put 'CTS Gas' or 'M3 Gas' on our cars...personally, this is nothing special to me....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by gmwsag@Apr 7 2004, 10:52 AM
Hybrid cars shouldn't say 'Escape Hybrid' on the sides. If it should, then we should put 'CTS Gas' or 'M3 Gas' on our cars...personally, this is nothing special to me....
The production version isn't going to say that. It's merely there on the test vehicles to gather attention.

·
Registered
314 Posts
keep in mind this hybrid vehicle has the same power that the V6 escape offers. So its able to portray its better confidence and get great gas mileage (for about 3,000 bucks over the v6 offered). Id say it has at least something to consider. But Im not much of a fan of the escape.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Ford has the potential to clean up in the compact SUV market now. the Escape is already pretty popular, and now it will be the first available hybrid SUV. brilliant. also, keep in mind the sibling Mazda Tribute.... hybrid version as well??? hmm... food for thought.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Good job Ford - bringing out a compact hybrid SUV! You really have to give Ford, and Toyota/Lexus, kudos for bringing out hybrids.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
If an Equinox hybrid follows in the same sort of timeline introduction as its current engine (that spankin' new 3.4L), we'll be waiting until 2012 for a hybrid Equinox. :p

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Nascar drivers are suppose to drive this thing till it runs out of fuel, They said 37 hrs around a track but that sounds far fetched, it will be interesting to see just how far it will go though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
200 HP with 40MPG in a 5 passenger SUV. Yea, I'd say Ford has a winner here.

IF they ever get the damn thing to market. Hasn't it been a over a year since they were SUPPOSED to release this?

At this rate, Toyota will beat them to market with the hybrid Highlander and RX.

·
Registered
579 Posts
FYI this is a Ford hybrid system not a Toyota (they originally planned to buy from Toyota, decided they needed to develop the technology themselves, and pushed it back a year).

Still this is more of a publicity stunt to say WE HAVE A HYBRID SUV! STOP BASHING THE EXPEDITION! :rolleyes:

The important hybrid will be the one for the new Futura platform, which may actually see profitable use in the next-gen Aviator to fight the Lexus hybrid crossovers (the hybrid Escape will lose money on every vehicle BTW).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I apologize if it appeared like I was bashing Ford, that wasn't my intention. Since I was unaware of this information, I retract my previous statement.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by Sgt Beavis@Apr 8 2004, 06:00 PM
200 HP with 40MPG in a 5 passenger SUV. Yea, I'd say Ford has a winner here.

IF they ever get the damn thing to market. Hasn't it been a over a year since they were SUPPOSED to release this?

At this rate, Toyota will beat them to market with the hybrid Highlander and RX.
Thankfully, this is finally coming out on schedule as promised...ahh the second, no wait, third, yea...LOL :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts