GM Inside News Forum banner

NYIAS-Cadillac STS Overview

14K views 68 replies 37 participants last post by  AMcA 
Originally posted by tkrelston@Apr 4 2004, 02:48 AM
It’s my dream car for the moment, however I am still not sure why GM is offering a V6 in it when the Seville SLS and STS offered V8s exclusively, and now they are trying to take the company upscale. I think a de-tuned V8 would have better set the car above the CTS, and made the car more prestigious. Now if only GMS discount would make the car the same price as a GTO I’d go for the Caddy.
Because the 5-series and E-class offers V6s... and can be offered at lower prices. And V6's will probably be more acceptable outside the US.

Originally posted by LegendNH@Apr 4 2004, 02:11 PM
what are those four circular holes in the bumper? They make the car look ugly

edit: while I'm at it, why is there a square like indent in the left hand side of not only the STS but all other cars? What does it do?
The "circular holes" are for the Rear Parking Assist System. They appear on practically every single premium car. Escalade and SRX have them. Even the current DTS has them.

What "Square like indent?" You mean the squares on either side of the grille in front? Headlight washers.

Originally posted by LGRpup@Apr 5 2004, 12:31 PM
I dont understand the problem with stalk mounted cruise, and I am starting to question if everyone really doesnt like it. I have had vehicals with the cruise on the wheel and on the stalk and it didnt matter to me either way. I think the less clutter on your steering wheel the better, the new Caddy wheel looks cool and doesnt need anymore buttons.
I don't mind the cruise control on the stalk.
I don't know where Mercedes puts their cruise control now... but it used to have a separate stalk all its own. Kind of annoying and never got used to it.

My Saturn had it on the wheel. Not a bad placement. Then there is Jaguar that has it behind the wheel or on the console.. behind the wheel. In either case, it's impossible to manipulate the controls.

Just gimme the cruise on the stalk. I'm happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.