GM Inside News Forum banner

NYIAS-Cadillac STS Overview

14K views 68 replies 37 participants last post by  AMcA 
The LED tail lights look really cool, but we just got done building some pre-production export models, and they have clear taillights similar to the SRX. Though to me the STS's clear lights look horrible compared to the SRX's. Still not sure why they have to be clear for export applications. All those pages of technical stuff really adds up, when sitting in this car it feels solid and rich, and the dash is sexier and less sporty then the CTS and the SRX. That huge navi screen is sweet too.

The CTS has the under the bumper hooks, I cant wait untill they go to the the through the fascia design. They require less installation and would make my life easier. I am sure Cadillac isnt the only one using the, through the fascia tie down hook design.

Originally posted by Randle2I@Apr 4 2004, 11:34 PM
For a tow hook it seems pretty small. I would also be concerned about its strength as it isn't hooked directly onto the frame. I would think they are the adaptive cruise control & the adaptive light system, seems more realistic as you have three of them, one next to each light & one on the bumper. Its a damn fine vehicle though, cant wait to see the two tone interior.
You pop out the square plug and screw in a hook type rod, which is threaded directly into to the metal bumper/frame. I am pretty sure the main reason for this hook is as an export tie down. The adaptive cruise is where the crest in the grille usually is, it looks cool because its really big and the crest decaled on it looks cartoonish, but not guady(sp). The auto headlights are controlled by a box thats attached to the rearview mirror with an eye in it, and is pretty much hidden by the mirror and the tint strip in the windshield.

I dont understand the problem with stalk mounted cruise, and I am starting to question if everyone really doesnt like it. I have had vehicals with the cruise on the wheel and on the stalk and it didnt matter to me either way. I think the less clutter on your steering wheel the better, the new Caddy wheel looks cool and doesnt need anymore buttons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.