GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/19/new-york-2008-2009-honda-fit/

I have to hand it to Honda, this little car is amazing. The current model is impressive, and this looks even better. More pod like, but this is a shining example of what the Aveo SHOULD be. Look at that interior packaging. The design is tech-cool, the functionality of the rear seats and the cargo area, and five speed automatics and manuals? The engine is probably still the same fuel sipper as the current model.

GM, take notes for the next-gen Aveo and HHR, or whatever Opel/Saturn models are in the pipeline.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I don't care for the exterior look of the '09. That being said it seems like a nice little car.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
I do not approve of the styling whatsoever but I do agree Honda has put a pretty impressive package together here. They do small cars well, and the Fit's got an nice list of standard features/options. It does well because of the value. The current model looks much better though.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The Honda Fit is the coolest sub-compact out there! And the 2009 looks even better! Well, 2nd coolest! Rabitt comes in at #1 for me, but they are in different categorys when it comes to fuel economy!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
also a point to note, the Fit will face some competition with the next-gen Ford Fiesta planned to come to Canada and the US and also planned to be available as a 3-door version and the upcoming Mazda 2 also with a 3-door version. (strange then Honda didn't offer a basic 3-door version :confused: :ponder:)

Thank goodness for Honda then Fiat isn't back yet with the 500 (Cinquancento), because the 500 might grab some fit potential customers

Now if Suzuki could bring the European Swift here.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Im hearing lots of good things about this car. I didn't like it at first but it grew to me, and its everywhere too. nice pkging.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Now that is one sharp car!

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Way to go Honda!

I have much respect for Honda's products, and the Fit is no different. Reliable, fuel efficient, and the fact that you can actually find one with a manual means that quasi-enthusiast are buying them. I know that the new SI's have some issues (I even remember GMi member "MN Nice" mentioning issues with his), but overall Honda has a better reputation than Chevrolet or Toyota.

I'd take this over all other compacts. I think they'd sell even more with a 2 door hatch version similar in size to the previous generation Civic SI.

I like the new, more clean styling. The first Fit sold in the states seem to have to much body cladding and other things in the sheetmetal that made it look busy and a bit preppy. I think this new update is pretty cool. I like the styling. It's affordable, probably safe, fuel efficient, and I am sure it will be reliable...and it's not a sedan with a tiny little trunk opening- something Chevrolet and Toyota need to take note of for their compacts.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really admire the packaging with the Fit.

The current Fit looks nice, but after I saw how my friend looked while test driving one, I realized it was too upright and it looked like he was driving a small boxy nerd wagon. This design looks better, maybe the more pod-like shape will make the car look better in real life. Love that interior design though. Jeez, stick that in an Aveo or an Astra.

Those small windows forward of the A-pillar remind me of the old GM Dustbuster minivans though......

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I don't like those really long dashboards Honda is doing now, but I'm glad they gave it a regular speedo and not the electronic one from the Civic. If it drives anything like the last gen then Honda has a winner.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
I absolutely LOVE all the new Honda interiors.

Really. Wow.
Makes everything else look 5 years old.

Overall, looks like a winner... I don't like the "melted bar of soap" profile though (I prefer the current one).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The exterior looks a little better than the current model, but that interior is an absolute mess. Total over-design. Honda and Toyota styling is so peculiar. The packaging of the Fit may win some over, but I wouldn't be caught dead in this dork-mobile.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
This is definitely better than the current Fit. Some angles make it look great and others make it look like a bubble mobile.

Overall, it is probably the best sub-compact 4 door hatch until the new Fiesta hits the streets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.