GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NYIAS 08 Preview: 2009 Acura TSX
http://www.gminsidenews.com

Acura announced today it will debut the all-new 2009 Acura TSX sports sedan at the 2008 New York International Auto Show and released an exterior photo of the new model. Scheduled to go on-sale in the spring, the 2009 Acura TSX will be the second generation of Acura's popular entry level sedan and feature numerous advancements in performance, styling, technology and safety.

"The new 2009 TSX speaks clearly to the direction we are taking our Acura sedans in the future," said **** Colliver, executive vice president auto sales, "The TSX is a significant step in the advancement of our sedan lineup and the continued enhancement of the Acura brand."

Acura unveiled the new 2009 RL at the Chicago Auto Show last week and also announced the company will introduce an-all new TL performance luxury sedan later this year.

The 2009 Acura TSX will be introduced during the New York International Auto Show media days which occur on March 19th and 20th.

High-Resolution TSX Images

·
Registered
910 Posts
Not bad. Has a little bit of an "Acura-of-the-future" look to it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Looks as good as any 4 door car in the class. I know this is a GM board, but when we hate everything anyone else makes, we're no better than the Toyota fans that think a Camry is Jesus.

I agree. Many people here think that only GM cars are perfect and any other car company is crap. We may think the new Malibu is "sexy" and stuff, but fans of other companies might think it looks plain. I'm a die-hard GM fan, and I think Chevy could have been a little more adventurous with the new Malibu.

So yes, other car companies are capable of making good cars. I myself am a big fan of the Lincoln MKX (especially that rear-end), which was, for lack-of-better-terms, "raped" by the members here, who critisized it for everything. Heck, some even said the MKX has no chance of competing with the new Buick Enclave, which they viewed as a gift of God. The MKX and the Enclave don't even compete with each other!

So yes, I encourage everyone to be a little more open to other brands.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks as good as any 4 door car in the class. I know this is a GM board, but when we hate everything anyone else makes, we're no better than the Toyota fans that think a Camry is Jesus.
I happen to think the current one is much better looking. Just because I think this car is ugly doesn't mean I think every car out there is ugly.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
The grille got that Billy bob thorton sling blade thing going on. I think it want some taters.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
That is a better application of that grille than on the RL, but it still should be different regardless. I will reserve my judgment until more photos are released - I want to see the rear end, which they hopefully did not screw up as with the RL.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I like it! It looks sharp. I still prefer the TL, though...wonder when the new TL comes out..

Wonder what the interior of this TSX will look like...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts