GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's right, baby!

2010 Pontiac G8 Sport Truck: The El Camino Is Back!

A few weeks ago we, along with our friends at PickupTruck.com, were given exclusive access to a vehicle whose return we've been anticipating for what seems like forever. Today our prayers to the General have been answered -- the El Camino is back! In January we reported this re-bodied Holden Ute would be called the 2010 Pontiac G8 ST, and like a Phoenix rising screamin' from the ashes of a bygone era of car-platformed trucks, this new heir to the truck-car throne would emerge from the over-built and over-spec'd world of modern haulers. Just like the Phoenix, this business-up-front and party-in-the-back sport truck looks a little younger, a little more refreshed and has a bit more hawkish figure, but don't be fooled by the disguise. If we play our cards right, it may end up retaining the legendary king of truck-car names, El Camino. That's right, more important even than the return of the truck-car to the General's fleet, is the news that this car will not be called the 2010 Pontiac G8 ST. In fact, they don't have a name. Instead, you are going to be able to help choose what GM calls it. That's right, enthusiasts across the country can have a hand in giving this sport truck back the name it so rightfully deserves - a name which still dances on the breeze and lives in the heart of every red blooded hoon -- "El Camino". With this in mind, we're beginning our campaign here and now to call this wondrous segment-bender the 2010 Pontiac G8 El Camino sport truck. Hit the jump for more...
2010 Pontiac G8 Sport Truck: The El Camino Is Back! (Jalopnik)
First Look: 2010 Pontiac G8 sport truck:Trans Ams Need Not Apply (PickupTruck.com)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Re: 2010 Pontiac G8 Sport Truck: The El Camino Is Back!

So we get to name it? Cool...cool.
I kinda like G8 ST...

·
Registered
345 Posts

G8 ST sounds good to me to, kind of fits right in to.

That has got to be the best looking truck to, I want one.

·
Registered
676 Posts

Thats a very good looking truck .
Will Ford have a Ranchero in NYAS ? ;)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts

Would you like some cuddling and sweet talk with your sex on wheels?

That car is damn fine... :)

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Re: 2010 Pontiac G8 Sport Truck Uncovered!

If it can tow my boats (only 2500 pounds), that's my next 'truck'.

Gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

G8 ST will go well with G8 GT...

I hope that the G8 will be a hit with the market... Pontiac needs it...

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

I don't so much care what the name is, but do hope the idea works. Casual full size truck buyers are going to become increasingly rare and if some of them are willing to opt for this carup it'll help with overall sales on this platform.

·
Registered
72 Posts

That looks like crap. I never understood why Australians bought those ugly things. So much for trying to save Pontiac.

·
Registered
750 Posts

G8 ST will go well with G8 GT...

I hope that the G8 will be a hit with the market... Pontiac needs it...
That won't stop the chevy fanboys from demanding it be a bowtie.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

I would buy one for a weekend driver as a compliment to my everyday work truck

·
Registered
3,808 Posts

YES YES YES!!! It broke wraps early. Now for the naming. :)

Can't wait to see the shots of it at the NY auto show.

...must hope US $ doesn't continue to tank vs. Aussie $... (keeps fingers crossed)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts

Holy Crap, Ive never seen anything like this, it looks totally different than what I pictured!!!!!!!??????????????................Oh wait, NO, total opposite! It looks exactly like what everyone expected!

·
Registered
3,808 Posts

Check out the G8 GXP info there as well. 402 HP LS3 Huh?????????

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

Holy Crap, Ive never seen anything like this, it looks totally different than what I pictured!!!!!!!??????????????................Oh wait, NO, total opposite! It looks exactly like what everyone expected!
Come on, make up your mind.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

This thing should have been a Chevy and the Camaro should have been a Pontiac! Case closed! Also, there is no way this thing is going to satisfy the Firebird crowd! As nice as it is, this is not a Pontiac!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

tow power good gas mileage. tow power good gas. + tow - Gas. lots of towing, gas sipping. good tow good gas. good tow good gas. o please please please

·
Registered
159 Posts

I think it looks better then the Holden version. The Pontiac grills flow upwards into the hood and goes great with a bed, the Holden is too side-to-side.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts