GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
NYIAS 08: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Taking a quick break from the GM-gasm on the new El Camino of the past two days, it appears as though the Hyundai-hungry folks at the New Tiburon forums have blown a load of press shots out on to the web early on the new 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe before next week's New York Auto Show. Other than the hot shots, there doesn't appear to be much more to tell you. Well, based on one shot, it appears like the new kim-chee-crazy muscle car redlines at 6500 RPM, and, oh yes, it's one hot looking entry into the muscle car wars looking much different than the 2010 Hyundai Genesis RWD coupe concept we saw at the LA Auto Show last year. We're certainly looking forward to seeing it live on the show floor next week. Especially if they bring the same lovely lady they had in LA and who we've now affectionately named Genesis Priddy. All we know is this little deuce-door gets our thoughts all a-tingly. What about yours?

High-Resolution Genesis Images

More Here

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Re: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Revealed, Unoficially

It's un-official right?, so I think they may screw up again on the real production car like they did to the Genesis sedan which they really messed it up.

Sorry, never a fan of Hyundai to begin with, and they always dissapointed me in terms of carrying out the concept into the production. They always had a promising concepts but screwed up big when it comes to the production model, I don't think this will be an exception. I think they will change it again to look MORE derivative like they always do when they are about to sell them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It's un-official right?, so I think they may screw up again on the real production car like they did to the Genesis sedan which they really messed it up.
Nah, unofficial as in Hyundai didn't mean for it to be released two days early. ;)

Ray

·
Registered
4,801 Posts

I do not like the lower part of the front end, other than that is looks great. When it comes to small sporty, under $30,000 coupes...we have a lot choices that show us what a car from 1970 should look like in 2008 (Challenger, Mustang, Camaro)...or just weird looking cars (Eclipse). This design is refreshing, in that it is a small, sporty coupe that looks like it was made for 2008, not made for 2008 but appealing to people who grew up in the 60's and 70's.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts

I like the Hyundai Genesis Sedan. Buick should bring the Park Ave to compete.

The Genesis coupe looks promising too.

(I would have wanted my 4,000th post to be about more than a Hyundai).

·
Registered
333 Posts

The Front looks terrible... the rest looks pretty good.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts

The front end design looks too forced. It's as if the designer just squished the front end for the hell of it.

·
Registered
100 Posts

looks like a updated tiburon to me, i doubt it will steal to many sales from the big 3's offerings.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Over styled! For some reason, I seem to like Hyundais, but when they release cars like this, I always wonder why...

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

I think this car will be huge threat to the 350Z and whats left of the Eclipse fan base. I mean the Genesis sedan has a 3.3L 268hp V6, 3.8L 290hp, and a 4.6L 368hp V8. The coupe should get the same power train options. The base model would stop all over the Eclipse, the mid level model would be neck and neck with the 350Z, and the top end model would kill both.

Given Hyundai's reputation of a lower price and tons of standard option, the imports would take the biggest hit. The consumer that is looking at the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang more and likely not gonna cross shop with the Genesis. I have never purchased an import before but if I had to chose between this and a G6 Coupe, I'd pick this. The Altima coupe is really gonna take a huge hit from Genesis coupe.

·
Registered
776 Posts

It's unbelievably boring, especially for a car with that much power. Boring.

Where is the Solstice Coupe/Targa?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

It looks more like a shark now than ever before...But they dropped the "Jaws" name.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

The front end design looks too forced. It's as if the designer just squished the front end for the hell of it.
Squished was the same word I thought when I saw it.

Not necessarily ugly, but not to my taste. I'll wait for my new Camaro...

·
Registered
317 Posts

Now I understand more of the reason why the Camaro is coming to production. Had GM not, it would have had any competition for a Hyundai "Camaro" (lots of irony there).

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

Hyundai dropped the ball on Concept-to-Production....
They obliterated the subtle cues that made the concept an eye catcher and turned it into a bland machine.

The headlamps lost their aggressive, sly look. The front grille got stretched out and the lower fascia looks like it came from a rejected parts bin.

What a major bummer...... It had A LOT of hope.

·
Registered
366 Posts

Not ugly? Hmmm. If this isn't, I don't know what is! It looks like a manta ray.

I can't fugure out hyundai. There designs are never right, each new model is different with no underlying theme that says its a hyundai. The genesis sedan is just as bad, better looking, but its a complete ripoff of a bmw or lexus. When is hyundai going to get it??? There always going to be the cheapo alternative to something.

I thought this was there answer to the mustang? No V8 (I read on another forum no V8 for the coupe) and ugly to boot. Why even mention this in the same sentance as the camaro? These are two different beasts, chasing two completely different buyers, and two completely different insurance premium levels.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts

I dont like the looks of it.. it looks like a lexus.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

no matter how cheap this thing is I would never buy one, Camaro is definitely waaaaay nicer looking

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Not bad. Especially good for a hyundai. Only thing that really bothers me is the grille. Its too plain and weak. I like the headlamps, and I like the lower front end. The side windows are pretty cool, and I really like the way the sides are shaped.

Of course this thing doesn't hold a candle to the Camaro... but still. A huge step forward for Hyundai.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts