GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 9 months, it finally came in, the new family vacation machine. GMC #2 is in the barn, the 2022 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L 4WD in Summit White with no extra options and 8 passenger seating (had to have a middle row bench). Hats off to the GMC dealer who took phenomenal care of us. The GMC dealer offered fair pricing and sold at MSRP with price protection. No bull, just honest communication and a hand shakes seals the deal kind of small town hospitality.

First off the ride, is just splendid. Simply put this thing rides like a Cadillac or a Lexus. I don’t know what GM spent on development of the T1 SUVs for the rear suspension but it was well worth every penny. That is the story on it. The L84 and ten speed automatic are well matched and feels just as punchy as the last one, zero to 60 run of upper 6’s to about 7 seconds seems pretty accurate by seat of my pants. Sounds like a proper V8 with a muted roar and I doubt anyone needs a 6.2L unless you are towing a lot.

Infotainment is nice, still have much more to learn but the graphics are smooth and 10.1 inch screen is just beautiful. Digital gauge cluster is nicely integrated as well and had awesome animation. Plastics are soft touch, imitation wood trim looks nice, seats supportive but not as firm as the Canyon which do push it on the firm side. Trim and fit/finish ranks well and truly feels like a luxury vehicle or close to it.

Like the summit white over dark walnut/slate color combo. The styling is nice, 20 inch wheels in 60 series rubber (instead of the 55 series on the prior) are very nice as I like sidewalls. The styling is bold and I like the chrome trim as well very sharp looking. Can’t wait to get retro fitted heated seats/cooled seats in the front and parking sensors via retro fit. All in all worth the wait and very happy, now for some photos. These are just quick off of the iPhone.

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Steering part

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Plant

Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design

Jeep grand cherokee Wheel Tire Car Sky

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Congratulations to you and your family on this purchase! New vehicle purchases are always fun!

I've always thought the GMC FS Utilities were handsome; your Yukon is no exception. Nicely designed, I think.

...The GMC dealer offered fair pricing and sold at MSRP with price protection. No bull, just honest communication and a hand shakes seals the deal kind of small town hospitality.
Isn't it funny, gm4life08? Many of these small town dealers provide exemplary service despite sometimes more modest environments. It sounds like your dealer maintains this approach to its customers: no airs and graces, just simple, straightforward honesty. So refreshing these days.

Again, congrats to you!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Many of these small town dealers provide exemplary service despite sometimes more modest environments. It sounds like your dealer maintains this approach to its customers: no airs and graces, just simple, straightforward honesty. So refreshing these days.
Yeah, but let's stomp them out of business, so we can instead deal with a faceless international corporation with off-shore phone banks.

·
Registered
20,740 Posts
Congratulations! Sweet looking! You mention how nice the ride is, do you have the MRC or is that only on the Denali?

Funny what you say about the sidewalls - on trucks I tend to think bigger sidewalls look more "right" than lower profile tires. Yet on cars I like the lower profile tires.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations to you and your family on this purchase! New vehicle purchases are always fun!

I've always thought the GMC FS Utilities were handsome; your Yukon is no exception. Nicely designed, I think.

Isn't it funny, gm4life08? Many of these small town dealers provide exemplary service despite sometimes more modest environments. It sounds like your dealer maintains this approach to its customers: no airs and graces, just simple, straightforward honesty. So refreshing these days.

Again, congrats to you!
Thanks. Certainly do think it is handsome. It is a nice proper SUV and a bit bigger than the prior one.

Yes, the dealer has been just phenomenal. I prefer this approach and they will get more sales.

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, but let's stomp them out of business, so we can instead deal with a faceless international corporation with off-shore phone banks.
No kidding right. I like the dealer model and will defend it till the cows come home.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations! Sweet looking! You mention how nice the ride is, do you have the MRC or is that only on the Denali?

Funny what you say about the sidewalls - on trucks I tend to think bigger sidewalls look more "right" than lower profile tires. Yet on cars I like the lower profile tires.
Nope just the standard suspension, that is independent all around and it is truly phenomenal.

Again worth the price, but boy this ‘low rung’ $63,895 model feels great imagine a Denali or AT4 with MRC and adjustable suspension. MRC and optional adjustable suspension are optional on upper trims AT4/Denali only.

With the size of these trucks you need 20s in my view but 22s are overkill and don’t give you enough sidewall. I agree low profile on cars and medium and above on trucks. Was surprised to notice the difference in profile too.

Thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
20,740 Posts
Nope just the standard suspension, that is independent all around and it is truly phenomenal.

Again worth the price, but boy this ‘low rung’ $63,895 model feels great imagine a Denali or AT4 with MRC and adjustable suspension. MRC and optional adjustable suspension are optional on upper trims AT4/Denali only.

With the size of these trucks you need 20s in my view but 22s are overkill and don’t give you enough sidewall. I agree low profile on cars and medium and above on trucks. Was surprised to notice the difference in profile too.

Thanks for the kind words.
I think GM has figured something out with suspensions and comfort. As you are impressed with your new truck's ride, I'm really impressed on what they did with the Alpha chassis ride on my CT4 vs. the ride on my ATS.

I guess for me that putting those 22" rims of a truck is like putting running shoes on a hippo - pretending to be something it isn't (in this case, a sports car).

Enjoy!!!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think GM has figured something out with suspensions and comfort. As you are impressed with your new truck's ride, I'm really impressed on what they did with the Alpha chassis ride on my CT4 vs. the ride on my ATS.

Enjoy!!!!!
Thanks the CT4 is a cool car! Make mine a V or BW please.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
14,546 Posts
This is 1958carnut and I approve of this..... It's very nice, beautiful even. I really like the direction they've taken with their styling on this and the Tahoe this go around.

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Yes, the dealer has been just phenomenal. I prefer this approach and they will get more sales.
I am constantly amazed at the elimination of training and education for customer-facing workers or simply the elimination of front-end workers' positions on a larger scale to support short-term margins. It deteriorates customer service, which erodes brand loyalty in the long-term. This, in turn, ultimately has to be more expensive.

On a smaller scale, I've been a customer of my small dealership for new vehicle purchases and for service for almost two decades. And it is precisely because of the experience they provide. I think with these folks working in a smaller community and being exposed to them outside of their work makes the relationship more personal, and these folks are more committed to providing good service, in general. I have zero evidence-based support of this, but I cannot help but think this positively affects their interactions with me and my husband.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is 1958carnut and I approve of this..... It's very nice, beautiful even. I really like the direction they've taken with their styling on this and the Tahoe this go around.
Thanks 1958carnut! Much appreciated, and yes I don’t think the styling is too shabby either.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am constantly amazed at the elimination of training and education for customer-facing workers or simply the elimination of front-end workers' positions on a larger scale to support short-term margins. It deteriorates customer service, which erodes brand loyalty in the long-term. This, in turn, ultimately has to be more expensive.

On a smaller scale, I've been a customer of my small dealership for new vehicle purchases and for service for almost two decades. And it is precisely because of the experience they provide. I think with these folks working in a smaller community and being exposed to them outside of their work makes the relationship more personal, and these folks are more committed to providing good service, in general. I have zero evidence-based support of this, but I cannot help but think this positively affects their interactions with me and my husband.
Completely understand where you are coming from with this. Makes perfect sense and I agree. Small dealers are typically good and one strength GM still has over import brands.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congratulations, that vehicle looks really great. thank you too for a very comprehensive write up including retail experience.

I pray that your family will have many safe miles in the vehicle
Thank you mbukukanyau! I am sure we will have many good trips in it.

·
Registered
22,014 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts