GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detroit Free Press
January 6, 2021

GM's luxury brand, Cadillac, reported its best fourth-quarter retail share and sales since 2016.

Retail sales were up 16% in the quarter, driven by the successful launches of the new CT4 and CT5 sports sedans and the Escalade full-size SUV, which was up 6.4% with 9,454 sold. GM said 43% of new Escalades sold in the quarter sold for more than $100,000.

What a $100,000.00+ Cadillac Escalade looks like:

What a $100,000.00+ Cadillac Escalade looks like on paper:
https://www.medvedcadillac.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/gm?vin=1GYS4GKL2MR234116&bac=314337

Price including dealer markup:

Sale Price: $115,259.00
D&H Fee: $699.00
Dealer Price: $115,958.00

Source:
https://www.medvedcadillac.com/new/...Escalade-8ac6015f0a0d04fe05db7d71287dce2e.htm

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I've only seen a small handful of the new Tahoes in the wild. No Suburbans, Yukons or Escalades yet. Was wondering how well they were selling.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Trucks + SUV's are flying off the lots with no discounts. People can't travel, so they spend that money on upgrading their rides. People move to the 'Burbs and realize they can't rely on Uber for everything, so they buy a nice car. Its this weird perfect storm of demand with limited supply.

I was expecting to find a deal on a new SUV this year, and I stopped looking in September. :D

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,246 Posts
The number of the day should be great news for GM's Arlington Assembly Plant, which Autoline Daily said a few years ago is the "most profitable manufacturing facility in the world".

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've only seen a small handful of the new Tahoes in the wild. No Suburbans, Yukons or Escalades yet. Was wondering how well they were selling.
Saw my first 2021 Yukon Denali on December 29 at the old marina near my home. It was a black press vehicle and reporters were preparing for a photo op.

The site is magnificent: it is a thin point of land jutting out into the (frozen) St. Lawrence River with, in the background, historic buildings of Montreal and it was at sunset.

I don't know which media will publish these photos but it sure looked impressive with it's 22 inch wheels.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I took my mom car shopping last week. Swung by the local Cadillac dealership and not one Escalade on the lot. They were all sold out.

The GMC dealership had about 8 Yukons - all $84k Denalis except one. They wouldn't budge on price at all as they said they quickly sell every one they get at sticker.

GM did an exceptional job with the full sized SUVs this time around - they're going to sell a ton of them.

·
Registered
16,605 Posts
Nice to see how GM's seen the light, compare the effort in this new Escalade vs even 2 generations ago. They did a great job and, at least for now, they don't have money on the hood. I'm sure discounts will come as it ages, but I'm sure by now the older gen Escalade's would've already had money on the hood.

Now, if GM can get that magic going on with the CT4/CT5, which sadly, already have discounts. But I will say GM did a great job with them - but is marketing doing their job?

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now, if GM can get that magic going on with the CT4/CT5, which sadly, already have discounts. But I will say GM did a great job with them - but is marketing doing their job?
Guess what...CT4 and CT5 are included:

------------------------------------------------

Cadillac
Limited-Time Special

Jan. 5 - Mar. 1, 2021

Costco members who purchase or lease a select, new 2020 or 2021 Cadillac can combine:‡

A $1,500 member-only incentive
Manufacturer incentives for which the member qualifies

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
As the lease runs out on people's Navigator, they will not want to renew with what is now an old platform. So, the timeliness of the new Escalade was purposeful and as a result increased its chances of success. I see a few GM dealerships offerring used Navigators as a result.

Too bad there isn't an equivalent for CT4/5....other than A/CTS...

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Nice to see how GM's seen the light, compare the effort in this new Escalade vs even 2 generations ago. They did a great job and, at least for now, they don't have money on the hood. I'm sure discounts will come as it ages, but I'm sure by now the older gen Escalade's would've already had money on the hood.

I think the magic will come when these vehicles have established a track record with the public. How much has marketing contributed to the Escalade's success?

·
Registered
20,100 Posts
This is awesome, can hardly wait until it hits $200,000!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I believe I'll see my first one very quickly. Each generation came to Prague very quickly! Still I'd love to see sth smaller RWD-based for my needs:(

·
Registered
16,605 Posts
I think the magic will come when these vehicles have established a track record with the public. How much has marketing contributed to the Escalade's success?
I'd love to say GM's marketing contributed, but I can't. I think the Escalade got lucky way back when and was picked up by pop culture that gave it the advertising it needed and that credibility carries it to this day.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts