GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think Saturn will produce a Sky Coupe?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
A Sky coupe would be great, would look like a 60's Corvette, maybe even bring back the Stingray name

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
If it has rear windows ANYTHING like that yellow coupe you posted, YES! That thing is awesome!

Is it a photochop or is it real?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I certainly hope GM doesn't follow up with a Sky Coupe. I really don't think it's necessary.

The only problem is it would outsell the Solstice. Thats it, there is no other reason Saturn doesn't need it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The only problem is it would outsell the Solstice. Thats it, there is no other reason Saturn doesn't need it.
That is true, the Saturn sells well, and it would offer the customers more options, and Americans love their choices

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
That yellow Sky (looks like conversion?) does look really cool but I doubt we'll be seeing a Sky Coupe out of Saturn anytime soon.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A Sky coupe would be great, would look like a 60's Corvette, maybe even bring back the Stingray name
Let the Vette be a Vette. I do agree that Americans love their options as do I and that the Sky would outsell the Solstice like with the roadsters but I like the Solstice as a coupe more. Plus I don't want to hear eveybody complaining about GM doubleing-up their lines. On the other hand they need the sales.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Let the Vette be a Vette. I do agree that Americans love their options as do I and that the Sky would outsell the Solstice like with the roadsters but I like the Solstice as a coupe more. Plus I don't want to hear eveybody complaining about GM doubleing-up their lines. On the other hand they need the sales.
I said look like a Vette, not be a Vette

·
Registered
13,164 Posts
Not a big fan of the yellow coupe..

Dig the photoshop below it though..

I believe GM will not create a saturn coupe..

Just to differeniate (sp) the brands.. (but its just a guess)

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
thats the only other car I would consider outside of the Cobalt SS Turbo...is a Sky RL coupe! I'd love one, but a vert. car as a DD in MI year-round is just foolish (and abuse on that canvas top!)

But I just drove the Cobalt Turbo again and omg, I love no lift shifting but you have to shift a couple hundred RPM before RL or talk about bouncing off the rev-limiter and losing all of your boost uhhh. But when you do it right, its just saw--eeeet!

I'd like to see a sky coupe, I really like interior of the Sky alot more and the outside is just flat out sexy.

CobaltSS

·
Registered
360 Posts
I certainly hope GM doesn't follow up with a Sky Coupe. I really don't think it's necessary.
I hope they will !!
There are 2 other brands selling this nice car (Opel/vauxhall)

The Coupe looks nicer then the Roadster :bounce:

I want one :cool::D:drive:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hope they do a Sky Coupe too! In NY with the front license plate rule it ruins the look of the Solstice front end. The Sky has more room for a plate. I wouldn't be surprised if this fact has hurt Solstice sales. But I do like the Solstice!

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I believe that the Solstice does outsells the SKY, like 3 to 1.

While I dont think that a direct copy of the Solstice Coupe is needed, I would give the Sky a Targa style roof, similar to the 1st gen Viper or 1968-1977 Corvettes,a small "roll bar" esque area with flying buttreses flowing down into the decklid and a conventional trunk. I think that would look really good on the Sky.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd love to have the yellow one...well that style, not color.

The photoshop one looks too much like a Z4. Also, IMO, it doesn't follow the body lines well for how aggressive the front end looks.

I would buy one of those in a heartbeat...but if it doesn't get released, I will be first in line for the Astra RL when it comes out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts