GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
A Sky coupe would be great, would look like a 60's Corvette, maybe even bring back the Stingray name

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I certainly hope GM doesn't follow up with a Sky Coupe. I really don't think it's necessary.

The only problem is it would outsell the Solstice. Thats it, there is no other reason Saturn doesn't need it.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
That yellow Sky (looks like conversion?) does look really cool but I doubt we'll be seeing a Sky Coupe out of Saturn anytime soon.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A Sky coupe would be great, would look like a 60's Corvette, maybe even bring back the Stingray name
Let the Vette be a Vette. I do agree that Americans love their options as do I and that the Sky would outsell the Solstice like with the roadsters but I like the Solstice as a coupe more. Plus I don't want to hear eveybody complaining about GM doubleing-up their lines. On the other hand they need the sales.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Let the Vette be a Vette. I do agree that Americans love their options as do I and that the Sky would outsell the Solstice like with the roadsters but I like the Solstice as a coupe more. Plus I don't want to hear eveybody complaining about GM doubleing-up their lines. On the other hand they need the sales.
I said look like a Vette, not be a Vette

·
Registered
13,173 Posts
Not a big fan of the yellow coupe..

Dig the photoshop below it though..

I believe GM will not create a saturn coupe..

Just to differeniate (sp) the brands.. (but its just a guess)

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
thats the only other car I would consider outside of the Cobalt SS Turbo...is a Sky RL coupe! I'd love one, but a vert. car as a DD in MI year-round is just foolish (and abuse on that canvas top!)

But I just drove the Cobalt Turbo again and omg, I love no lift shifting but you have to shift a couple hundred RPM before RL or talk about bouncing off the rev-limiter and losing all of your boost uhhh. But when you do it right, its just saw--eeeet!

I'd like to see a sky coupe, I really like interior of the Sky alot more and the outside is just flat out sexy.

CobaltSS

·
Registered
360 Posts
I certainly hope GM doesn't follow up with a Sky Coupe. I really don't think it's necessary.
I hope they will !!
There are 2 other brands selling this nice car (Opel/vauxhall)

The Coupe looks nicer then the Roadster :bounce:

I want one :cool::D:drive:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hope they do a Sky Coupe too! In NY with the front license plate rule it ruins the look of the Solstice front end. The Sky has more room for a plate. I wouldn't be surprised if this fact has hurt Solstice sales. But I do like the Solstice!

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I believe that the Solstice does outsells the SKY, like 3 to 1.

While I dont think that a direct copy of the Solstice Coupe is needed, I would give the Sky a Targa style roof, similar to the 1st gen Viper or 1968-1977 Corvettes,a small "roll bar" esque area with flying buttreses flowing down into the decklid and a conventional trunk. I think that would look really good on the Sky.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd love to have the yellow one...well that style, not color.

The photoshop one looks too much like a Z4. Also, IMO, it doesn't follow the body lines well for how aggressive the front end looks.

I would buy one of those in a heartbeat...but if it doesn't get released, I will be first in line for the Astra RL when it comes out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.