GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Anything "Renault" is going to be a rare bird!
Can't imagine the "Chrysler" support is great...

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That looks very impressive.
Going cruisin' tonight.🎂
1st Birthday Cruise of the season. It's all polished up and ready to go!

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)

That looks very impressive.
Widely believed to be the best one left. It's actually quite a bit better than the XR4Ti.
That car was the 2014 Merkur Club of America Preservation Award winner at the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals.

The Scorpio could be a pretty big winner if it ever made it to Carlisle.
Need more time with it to gain confidence in its ability to make such a long trip first.

Reactions: Andrew L

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Always curious on the Scorpio iirc it had features the Town Car didn't even have like power reclining front seats (I think the Town Cars were full power but manual recline which was typical of Fords) and power reclining rear seats, also a full tilt and telescoping wheel. They are really unique. Congrats on the buy!

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Always curious on the Scorpio iirc it had features the Town Car didn't even have like power reclining front seats (I think the Town Cars were full power but manual recline which was typical of Fords) and power reclining rear seats, also a full tilt and telescoping wheel. They are really unique. Congrats on the buy!
Thanks!
The really unique thing was that the power reclining rear seats also fold down manually.
My mechanic has decades in the business and has seen just about everything. He had never seen that before.
What's this switch down at the bottom of the back seat do? Whoa!!

It's not a thing that would get fixed if it broke.
A lot of the Scorpio rear seat recliners have quit but mine work fine. So does everything else.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thanks!
The really unique thing was that the power reclining rear seats also fold down manually.
My mechanic has decades in the business and has seen just about everything. He had never seen that before.
What's this switch down at the bottom of the back seat do? Whoa!!

View attachment 63431

It's not a thing that would get fixed if it broke.
A lot of the Scorpio rear seat recliners have quit but mine work fine. So does everything else.
That makes me wonder if it's at all similar to the mechanism the Mark VIIIs used. They were power recline but you could still flip them forward manually to let someone in the back seat.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That makes me wonder if it's at all similar to the mechanism the Mark VIIIs used. They were power recline but you could still flip them forward manually to let someone in the back seat.
Maybe... except in the back instead of the front.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
While the Merkur Scorpio was only offered in North America as a hatchback (liftback), the Ford Scorpio sold in Europe was sold in saloon, hatchback and estate versions - the hatchback and estate versions would have needed an easy-fold feature to extend the load area forward.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
While the Merkur Scorpio was only offered in North America as a hatchback (liftback), the Ford Scorpio sold in Europe was sold in saloon, hatchback and estate versions - the hatchback and estate versions would have needed an easy-fold feature to extend the load area forward.
Sierras were offered all kinds of different ways, too, including this P100 variant.

·
Registered
20,339 Posts

WOW, I can imagine people passing your house (that pay enough attention to notice) checking their pulse and pinching themselves; "where am I, am I dreaming, is this the twilight zone"?

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
View attachment 63454

WOW, I can imagine people passing your house (that pay enough attention to notice) checking their pulse and pinching themselves; "where am I, am I dreaming, is this the twilight zone"?
They're normally not both together like that, it was a photo op.
But in the not too distant future there will be joint appearances, with full display and flags flying.

Carlisle All-Ford Nationals has the 2nd best Merkurs now. The best ones are wherever I am.
I do fly the Merkur Club of America flag (they don't even have one!) so I'm like their satellite location.

I'm bringing the Scorpio to any judged shows.
It won't win if there's participant judging, although my homies will vote for me.
But it has a chance when there are actual judges.

·
Premium Member
35,545 Posts
Anything "Renault" is going to be a rare bird!
Can't imagine the "Chrysler" support is great...
I always wanted a Renault R-8 Gordini when I was a kid. Keep your eyes peeled?

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
View attachment 63430

Widely believed to be the best one left. It's actually quite a bit better than the XR4Ti.
That car was the 2014 Merkur Club of America Preservation Award winner at the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals.

The Scorpio could be a pretty big winner if it ever made it to Carlisle.
Need more time with it to gain confidence in its ability to make such a long trip first.
There is always a trailer?

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
There is always a trailer?
Don't believe in trailering cars into car shows. Cars are meant to be driven!

Previous owners of this Scorpio didn't do that much but that's about to change.
It has to do some sub-100 mile round trips without needing a tow truck first. I've got a couple in mind.
The XR4Ti went to Peoria and back on Saturday, a 200 mile round trip. It's ready to go!!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts