GM Inside News Forum banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
No personality, generally unapproachable. I don't miss him for any reason other than there's no longer anyone to really argue with anymore which is pretty boring.

Not a lot of creative input to be found on either side of the aisle.

WOW BUICK IS REALLY KILLING LINCOLN!!!

CADILLAC SALES ARE IN THE TOILET WHY DID THEY EVEN BOTHER TO MOVE TO NEW YORK? NOBODY IN NEW YORK DRIVES CARS! WHERE ARE THE CROSSOVERS? WOW FIRE JDN

LINCOLNS ARE GUSSIED UP FORDS

THE ONLY CADILLACS THAT SELL ARE CHEVROLETS

CADILLAC IS TRYING TOO HARD TO BE BMW!!!

LINCOLN IS DEAD THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT JAGUAR

F150 IS A BEER CAN

F150 IS GOD'S GIFT TO MANKIND

GM'S SALES ARE SUPERFICIALLY GOOD, BUT LET ME TELL YOU WHY THEY'RE WRONG:

HAHAHA THINK FORD IS WINNING? THINK AGAIN FRIENDO CHECK OUT THESE IRRELEVANT SALES NUMBERS I ADDED UP ON A WHIM WITH NO CONTEXT HAHAHA CHECKMATE

MUSTANG

CAMARO

FLEET %

ANOTHER CONCEPT THAT WON'T SEE PRODUCTION!

BRING BACK REAL NAMES XYZ

JAPANESE TRASH

KOREAN TRASH

EUROPEANS HATE AMERICAN CAR DESIGN AMERICAN TRASH

AMERICAN TRASH

CHINESE GARBAGE

MEN'S UNDERWEAR

I've participated in all of these arguments and I'm pretty sure I've argued both sides of each at one point or another.
hahhaaa! You've pretty much summed it up. Things were more exciting when there were more people on the site and articles posted to the main news ticker. Also more exciting when GM was heading into and out of bankruptcy and a less competent lineup.

You left off "people buy the Mustang for the back seat" and "Audi is FWD or RWD based".

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Initial Canadian Numbers.

By Allison Lampert

MONTREAL, Dec 1 (Reuters) - General Motors Co and Ford Motor Co on Thursday reported double-digit rises in Canadian sales for November compared with the same period a year earlier, fueled by strong demand for SUVs and light trucks and two extra selling days.

However, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles reported a decline in Canadian sales, down 3 percent to 20,674 vehicles last month, compared with November 2015.

Analysts said November overall delivered a rebound in industry volumes, following a trend of weakening demand over the last three months. The month keeps Canada on track to set another record this year, with sales rising to around 1.96 million vehicles from a record-breaking 1.90 million units in 2015.

In a note to clients, Canadian autos analyst Dennis DesRosiers said auto sales hit double-digit growth during November and were up 3 percent year-to-date.

"For those claiming that 2016 had run out of steam, November 2016 light vehicle sales showed a different picture altogether as sales increased 10.4 percent year-over-year," DesRosiers wrote on Thursday.

Scotiabank economist Carlos Gomes wrote in a note that the rebound was driven by a surge in light truck volumes, especially large SUVs and mid-size pickup trucks.

Despite November's rebound, Gomes said he expects "Canadian passenger vehicle sales to begin to edge lower in 2017, as manufacturers raise prices due to the recent weakness of the Canadian dollar."

GM dealers delivered 28,523 vehicles in November, up 31 percent compared with November 2015, the company said in a statement. GM Canada sales are up 2 percent year-to-date.

Ford said it sold 24,472 vehicles in November, up 18 percent compared with the same month a year earlier. Ford reported a 10 percent rise in Canadian auto sales for the first 11 months of 2016, on an annual basis.

Toyota reported 16,492 units sold in Canada last month, up 4.2 percent compared with November 2015.

In the United States, hefty consumer discounts during a robust Black Friday weekend helped boost November U.S. auto sales between 4 and 5 percent, which could catapult results this year above a record high in 2015, economists and industry analysts said on Thursday.

(Reporting by Allison Lampert; Editing by James Dalgleish and Leslie Adler)http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-ford-canadian-auto-sales-022144268.html
GM faired well for Nov, still up for the YoY but only 2%. That 20% off MSRP brought a few buyers into our doors. But I still believe that Inventory levels of 2016's at Ford will hit Truck Sales out of the park for the year.

Just what I see people, not trying to be a Fan Bouy.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
So anyways, GM has once again outpaced it's Detroit-based competition in sales gains while riding a trend of healthy advantages in quarterly profits as well.

Doubtless the world is unfolding as it should.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
GM's lead in the large SUV category is just devastating. GMC alone has sold more Yukons this year than both of FoMoCo's brands combined. And then you have the Chevy Tahoe/Suburban and Cadillac Escalade...

·
Registered
360 Posts
That is the thing; I am not a Ford "homer" I'm loyal to no-one; "just because". I've bought a total of 3 new Ford's in my entire life!

My F-I-L "retired early" from Ford, worked contract at GM for almost 10 years, then worked at Chrysler for 10 years.

GM did go bankrupt, Ford didn't, do you deny that!? My dad worked there over 40 years, don't even try and tell me what I think/feel.

Dan Akerson was a Government planted BOZO, no way to sugar-coat it, truth-hurts, need a tissue?

I've said 100's of times, I am glad GM is still here, I hated the "process as it was done".

I call it the way I see it, sorry you don't like it, need another tissue?

Now you are really showing your intelligence........................

Well said!

I was just getting ready to say; Gloria and Ed, "The Deplorables of GMI".

F-Series outsold Silverado and Sierra combined, by a significant margin in November; so when I say "it takes GM 4 models of trucks to outsell 1 of Ford's" what do you think I'm talking about?

Again...The people who bitch and cry the most on this site asking me if I need a tissue is hilarious.

you are like talking to a brick wall Ed...If you can't see your massive hypocrisy I don't know how to help you.

And if you aren't a Ford homer I am Queen Elizabeth...Don't give two craps where you or your dad worked, that does zero to change my mind. I've been reading your comments here for years and your body of work screams Ford homer.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I cry about hurt feelings?? How ironic. You will see what you want to see when it comes to me because you don't like me. That's ok. No, I sometimes do not let blatant insults slide. At least I do not take every posting opportunity to insult people who prefer other brands. I may respond to certain people who have this inane need to insult those who don't think like them, but that is about it. That can be kind of fun.

Once again.................... this is not a GM FAN SITE, it is a GM information site. Of course, what do I know, I have just read what the admins and rules have posted. Deal with the fact that people who like different things like this site. It isn't that hard. Agree to disagree. Do not lower yourself to calling people stupid, or dredges, or whatever other insult you think will slide, and do not encourage others to do it. Oh, and it is real rich what you say about Wescoent. When he was here, he was ganged up on repeatedly because he had the audacity to post his personal experiences in the "bailout" situation. Yet, he was always incredibly balanced and fair.

How about this................... why can't we agree that for the most part, both GM and Ford are doing well right now. Do they both have some issues?? yes. Do they both have great products?? Yes. Do they both have some stinkers................... be it in product or in sales?? Yep. Can we debate the differences?? Of course, otherwise life is boring. Is one always right, and the other always sucks?? Nope, not even close.
1. Yes quite often actually.

2. When you have website called GMINSIDENEWS and the website logo has nothing but GM vehicles in it you are giving off a strong indication that this is a GM fan site. The mods don't want it labeled a "GM fan site" because they don't want to possibly restrict web traffic on the site by scaring off non-gm fans. web traffic = ad dollars. That doesn't change the fact this is essentially a GM fan site. If you don;t want this to called a "GM fan site" than change the name to something like "Automotive Inside News" and change your logo. The mods want it both ways here.

advertise as a GM fan site so we collect the GM fans, but deny its a GM fan site so we grab everyone else....talking out of both sides of their mouth.

3. Again, I liked Wescoent. And many here did...If he was so soft skinned that a little name calling drove him away that is not my problem.

people having different opinions here doesn't upset me, that's fine, its people like Ed who go out of their way to find something to bash GM for in basically every single one of his posts...You honestly can't see how that would rub people the wrong way? I know you aren't that dumb...

·
Super Moderator
14,195 Posts
2. When you have website called GMINSIDENEWS and the website logo has nothing but GM vehicles in it you are giving off a strong indication that this is a GM fan site. The mods don't want it labeled a "GM fan site" because they don't want to possibly restrict web traffic on the site by scaring off non-gm fans. web traffic = ad dollars. That doesn't change the fact this is essentially a GM fan site. If you don;t want this to called a "GM fan site" than change the name to something like "Automotive Inside News" and change your logo. The mods want it both ways here.

advertise as a GM fan site so we collect the GM fans, but deny its a GM fan site so we grab everyone else....talking out of both sides of their mouth.

NEWSFLASH: The mods here have nothing to do with anything related to the finances of the site owner. We are not involved in any financial or site traffic discussions with VS, in fact they barely are even aware that we exist here. We are volunteers. Shockingly, some of the VS people initially thought we were salaried employees until they were set straight. LOL!

I'll just speak for myself here, but the last thing I'd want to see is GMI being transformed into a fanboy site. I mean that is sooooo boring.

Member 1: Hey look, the new Malibu!

Member 2: Awesome!

Member 3: Orgasm!!!!!

Member 4: Oh. My. God!!! My favorite shade of white!!!!!

Member 5: Welburn out does daVinci!!

Forget it. I'd shoot myself if I had to read post after post like that.

I like a little friction. I like some discussion. I like disagreements carried out respectfully and factually.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
No personality, generally unapproachable. I don't miss him for any reason other than there's no longer anyone to really argue with anymore which is pretty boring.

Not a lot of creative input to be found on either side of the aisle.

BRING BACK PONTIAC......STONES.....PROPER......TESTICLES.... ZETA ...!
Fixed it for you.

Reactions: sfbreh

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
3. Again, I liked Wescoent. And many here did...If he was so soft skinned that a little name calling drove him away that is not my problem.

people having different opinions here doesn't upset me, that's fine, its people like Ed who go out of their way to find something to bash GM for in basically every single one of his posts...You honestly can't see how that would rub people the wrong way? I know you aren't that dumb...
I lived and sold through the Years of "We know what the Customer wants. They want what We Build" GM of the 80-90's was very much this way. As is many on this Forum, hence it used to be called a GM Enthusiast Forum.

I am not saying it is a Bad Thing to believe your Product is Top of a Class, but it is a Very Bad Thing to believe it just because one says it. The New GM is traveling along the Very Same Lines as it once was. And in sometime minute ways, i.e. A Simple CD Player, to Major Ways, i.e. BK, and Ignition Switch Scandal.

So many things here are presented in a way of One is the Right Way any other Way is Wrong. I was taught early that a truly Smart Person isn't judged on what they know rather they are judged on What they Learn. If some say GM is doing Everything the Right way without any room for improvement, well the once 30% MS that is now 16% will become 0% in another 15 years. People will continue to buy Vehicles, they will Continue to build vehicles, without changes they will continue to get the same results.

History proves it. Chrysler was bailed out in the 80's. Things like the Mini Van/ K Car (cheap transportation) appeared. Chrysler needed another bail out in 2009, that was with 2 Block Buster Hits. Where are GM's?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When one way is gaining market share while placing more emphasis on retail AND more profitable to boot, it's pretty self-evident that is the better way. The only question after that becomes how fans of the other approach react to these realities.

·
Registered
360 Posts
NEWSFLASH: The mods here have nothing to do with anything related to the finances of the site owner. We are not involved in any financial or site traffic discussions with VS, in fact they barely are even aware that we exist here. We are volunteers. Shockingly, some of the VS people initially thought we were salaried employees until they were set straight. LOL!

I'll just speak for myself here, but the last thing I'd want to see is GMI being transformed into a fanboy site. I mean that is sooooo boring.

Member 1: Hey look, the new Malibu!

Member 2: Awesome!

Member 3: Orgasm!!!!!

Member 4: Oh. My. God!!! My favorite shade of white!!!!!

Member 5: Welburn out does daVinci!!

Forget it. I'd shoot myself if I had to read post after post like that.

I like a little friction. I like some discussion. I like disagreements carried out respectfully and factually.

Again, I have no problem with that either...but its a more than just a "little friction." Before the great log in purge this place was filling up with Ford homers at an insane rate, it almost became insufferable.

What is the difference between someone who constantly praises GM vs. someone who constantly bashes GM? They are both cancers.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Why isnt this thread on the News Ticker? Come on guys do better.

Powerful sales figures from GM! Down right excellent news. Wasn't expecting double digit sales increase. GM still need to reach out to import and domestic owners with their 8 to 10 year old cars, they should be aware of the amount of older vehicles out there.

On a different level; Russia and OPEC worked out a deal to cut oil production to clear the oil glut, so fuel prices may be heading higher. GM is in good position to deal with higher gas prices, which can help mid size to small car sales.

I hope im wrong on this, but December sales might be down though, hopefully not a sales rout.

Reactions: dannyg

·
Super Moderator
14,195 Posts
Again, I have no problem with that either...but its a more than just a "little friction." Before the great log in purge this place was filling up with Ford homers at an insane rate, it almost became insufferable.

What is the difference between someone who constantly praises GM vs. someone who constantly bashes GM? They are both cancers.
The difference is, I believe you need both in the mix, not some homogenized stew where all opinions nearly match.

Reactions: Extreme4x4

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
that pretty funny keep trying hahaha pwned
LOL kid WOW keep trying maybe next time hahaha lmao WOW LMAO noob

hahhaaa! You've pretty much summed it up. Things were more exciting when there were more people on the site and articles posted to the main news ticker. Also more exciting when GM was heading into and out of bankruptcy and a less competent lineup.

You left off "people buy the Mustang for the back seat" and "Audi is FWD or RWD based".
Right?

NOBODY BUYS A COMPACT LUXURY SEDAN FOR A BACK SEAT OR TRUNK SPACE

THE ATS-L WOULD IMPROVE REAR SEAT SPACE AND ATS SALES

You have a good point about competency. What's really there to discuss when GM actually seems like it's run by competent people?

"GM, why aren't you taking greater risks?" OOOH wow, what a complaint. Most complaints, at least from my corner, are nitpicks.

I have a few objections and concerns at Cadillac, but even there, I'm mostly confident in its leadership to be able to execute as necessary and am in fact pretty eager to see their new product.

·
Super Moderator
20,950 Posts
...you mean you aren't getting paid?

Awkward...

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Good job on a positive sales month GM!

Could it, or should it, have been better?
IMO, yes.

Examples, spring hill getting a 3rd shift a year after starting production when LGR should have dropped a shift that long ago.

GM engineering botched the second gen launch of the cruze in lordstown. Was that by design?

Vibrations still plaguing the current full size trucks.

Little things like the XT5 not getting express up windows while the sonic does.

LS models that cruise control is not even an OPTION!

The lack of rear seat vents in multiple platforms.

How about not giving the C/C twins their own assembly plant??

Ed, and his roadies, :) make many valid points.

And for my money Camaro no, Code 130R yes with its upright green house. That however is another discussion.

·
Registered
606 Posts
When one way is gaining market share while placing more emphasis on retail AND more profitable to boot, it's pretty self-evident that is the better way. The only question after that becomes how fans of the other approach react to these realities.
Except that GM fleet was way up and Ford way down.
Of course most people know who biased their fleets and when.

So what was that about how fans of others react?

101 - 120 of 142 Posts