GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got ahead of myself in producing "clones of crap", but this time, after looking at someone else's work, I came up with this two-point rear 3/4.

(BTW, are fender skirts in?)

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
I am not being a jerk, but maybe drawing cars is not the best thing for you. I haven't seen anything too particularly good. Keep practicing and you might get better.

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
LOL mgescuro.
BTW, Draw your cars alot bigger, and try Tracing some out of a book to help too.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
wow, GOOD start at the rear shot, try doing what FR said and then afeter a couple of those ( at this angle ) try just looking at the car and drawing this perspective.

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
likearock00 said:
I am not being a jerk, but maybe drawing cars is not the best thing for you. I haven't seen anything too particularly good. Keep practicing and you might get better.
WRONG!

if he keeps at it, he'll get better. Sometimes it gets discouraging when things dont work out, but NEVER give up. There's no specific feature you have to have as a person to be a good drawer, you just have to stick with it.

also, you shouldnt pay too much attention to everyone calling your drawings the same. use the same "platform" to improve your understanding of perspective, preportion and detail, as well as improving line quality and learning to shade, and then go on and take designing seriously.

right now it is very important that you take tutorials on perspective (especially how do draw wheels correctly in perspective). dont be ignorant about those things, it will inhibit your improvement (i speak from experience:D ).

and as ive said before, you need to make your drawings bigger, and you need MUCH more detail. put in the rims, the detail behind the rims, make the logos more defined, detail the headlights, take a look at some of the headlights in real cars, where the lights are positioned and how they are shaped. tail lights too. Often your perception of how these things look is much different then the actual thing.

keep at it!

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Mr. Burns said:
WRONG!

if he keeps at it, he'll get better. Sometimes it gets discouraging when things dont work out, but NEVER give up. There's no specific feature you have to have as a person to be a good drawer, you just have to stick with it.

also, you shouldnt pay too much attention to everyone calling your drawings the same. use the same "platform" to improve your understanding of perspective, preportion and detail, as well as improving line quality and learning to shade, and then go on and take designing seriously.

right now it is very important that you take tutorials on perspective (especially how do draw wheels correctly in perspective). dont be ignorant about those things, it will inhibit your improvement (i speak from experience:D ).

and as ive said before, you need to make your drawings bigger, and you need MUCH more detail. put in the rims, the detail behind the rims, make the logos more defined, detail the headlights, take a look at some of the headlights in real cars, where the lights are positioned and how they are shaped. tail lights too. Often your perception of how these things look is much different then the actual thing.

keep at it!
+1 You saw how Burns started out, right? Now look at his drawings. Before, he was having lots of trouble, but as time went on, as he took time to be more detailed and learn more, he got better, and continues to do so.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
likearock00 said:
Why? Is it beause I'm not just like Torred?

I don't draw big, V8 Musule cars?

I'm not here to cater to your needs, I'm here to get better.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Mr. Burns said:
WRONG!

keep at it!
Did I tell him to give up??? NO. I just think he has alot of practicing to do. What should I say, great job, looks great? It looks like crap. If you put your work on the website, expect criticism. I don't like it and feel like he needs to work a bit harder to make a sketch look decent.

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
likearock00 said:
Did I tell him to give up??? NO. I just think he has alot of practicing to do. What should I say, great job, looks great? It looks like crap. If you put your work on the website, expect criticism. I don't like it and feel like he needs to work a bit harder to make a sketch look decent.

hey, i didnt mean it to sound so harsh! the WRONG part was supposed to be a friendly one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts