GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's really just an updated version of an old illustration technique, start with an original photo , do a line drawing of it in Illustrator, place it in Photoshop, and "paint" it there, using brushes, fills, masks and adjustment techniques. Taks a considerable amount of time, but I have done many over the years.

Glad you like it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
But a photo was used as a base.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,307 Posts
Because you started with a photo, and not from scratch, I consider it a photochop, regardless if the original is still used or not. Same as if you use a pen and tracing paper and and then trace an image, the new picture can't be 100% considered original.

It's no big deal what the technique is called by me, because your work looks great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rex Raider said:
Because you started with a photo, and not from scratch, I consider it a photochop, regardless if the original is still used or not. Same as if you use a pen and tracing paper and and then trace an image, the new picture can't be 100% considered original.

It's no big deal what the technique is called by me, because your work looks great.
Cool, I'm glad you like it...but, just for the sake of asking (and I'm not comparing myself to him) would you say the same about Norman Rockwell? I guess I would come to think of it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,307 Posts
Although I know Rockwell's pictures from the Saturday Evening Post, I'm not sure what you are talking about in terms of his style. Did he copy the images from somewhere else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rex Raider said:
Although I know Rockwell's pictures from the Saturday Evening Post, I'm not sure what you are talking about in terms of his style. Did he copy the images from somewhere else?
He used the same Illustration technique, of course before computers, I'm actually agree with you, but just saying that's why we call it illustration, not fine art and I suppose I find the term chop... well just not that nice.:rotf:, but I'll get over it. Anyway keep up the good work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
mygraphix said:
He used the same Illustration technique, of course before computers, I'm actually agree with you, but just saying that's why we call it illustration, not fine art and I suppose I find the term chop... well just not that nice.:rotf:, but I'll get over it. Anyway keep up the good work.
I'd call that illustration. looks great, and very similar to what i do at work all day long. normally i just use reference and do not trace, but a lot of times a client wants a certain "object" that is traced exactly like this C5R but done entirely in illustartor.
the illustartor drawings that i do for the contest and in my spare time are NOT traced nor do i use a base car for reference, i just draw. With the newer versions of illustartor you can get a lot of effects and looks of photoshop that are much easier to manipulate. i'd love to see some more of your photo/ill works. :yup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,152 Posts
Rex Raider said:
Because you started with a photo, and not from scratch, I consider it a photochop, regardless if the original is still used or not. Same as if you use a pen and tracing paper and and then trace an image, the new picture can't be 100% considered original.

It's no big deal what the technique is called by me, because your work looks great.
I agree with you Rex. If you were copying without tracing, I would consider it an original drawing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,879 Posts
Any turorial on how to do that? Id like to learn how to make a picture of my car look like that..pretty neat. I like, I like.


Just don't let STINGRAYSSTUDIO see it, he'll go outta buisiness for sure if you started selling those haha..that guy cracked me up..I almost miss him hanging around here..emphasis on "almost" haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,152 Posts
HoeyHimself said:
Any turorial on how to do that? Id like to learn how to make a picture of my car look like that..pretty neat. I like, I like.


Just don't let STINGRAYSSTUDIO see it, he'll go outta buisiness for sure if you started selling those haha..that guy cracked me up..I almost miss him hanging around here..emphasis on "almost" haha
:rotf:

Have you met "MRDETROITMETAL" ? They are one in the same, I was able to tell with his first post....

-Chase
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top