GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think about 30 or 40 years ago, before the onslaught of the Imports, it might have made sense to have a Camaro or a Monte Carlo with its own unique badging - a specific emblem to the car - like the Impala's logo, instead of a Chevy bow tie. Now I think that idea is outdated and dilutes brand image.

The Camaro, Impala, etc. should proudly bear the Bow Tie, front and back, with unique rear quarter emblems only, if desired.

Then there are the emblems that sort of use the brand emblem, like the pre-redesign Malibu with the wave.

What do you think about these emblems?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I think that non-brand badges are good for vehicles that don't really fit into the brand images, the corvette for example, and the camaro. Both would probably fit better into the pontiac "excitement" images (yes I know there's a firebird) but who would buy a "pontiac" corvette? no history or anything. Non-brand badges are perfect for situations like that

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like them as long as they incorporate the brand's symbol in there somehow, like Camaro, Corvette, or Malibu.

·
Registered
922 Posts
It depends on the person I guess. I like the Impala emblem, but the Monte looks too old school and the Malibus was dumb. Also It can confuse people, I remember when everyone thought that the new Olds Rocket meant that the car was an Aurora because of the similar Aurora emblem, even though it was obviously a Silhouette or an Alero.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts