GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
The second one (the newest Nomad concept) is by far the best, IMO. I never liked the other one-- the front always looked unfinished. I had actually forgotten how much I disliked it until I saw the picture again.

But I do notice how the side character lines from the first Nomad concept made it to the current Malibu--- quite interesting...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Id welcome a modern chevy grill on the second car. I have no desire to own a car that wishes it was a solid axle corvette. (ill take a real one, of course :p )

Put a grill like the SSr's on the second and change the headlights a little and it would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'd like 2 see a refined version of the first.

1. It has "overhang" something I think is needed in cars (not alot mind U just a pinch here and a pinch there)

2. V-8

3. It's looks like an "American" car the newest Nomad concept say I wanna B a Cooper Mini, don't get me wrong though I like it, but if I had 2 choose I'd go with the 1st.

And that's all I have 2 say about that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the 1st car has much better proportions and seems to take many design cues from the 69 Camaro which is one of my personal favorites. The second car seems too small and the proportions are not as good. If Chevy were going to produce the car, I wish they would go more in the direction of the first car. I think it is more aggressive and seems more practical at the same time.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Erunion@Jan 11 2004, 05:48 PM
Id welcome a modern chevy grill on the second car. I have no desire to own a car that wishes it was a solid axle corvette. (ill take a real one, of course :p )

Put a grill like the SSr's on the second and change the headlights a little and it would be perfect.
Yeah...what he said!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I like the second one better. But with a different grille and a larger displacement motor. I think an I5 or a good V6 would be more appropriate for the Nomad than the Ecotec.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The 04 concept for me. If the specs are correct and they are talking about 250 horse and over 200 lbs of torque in a car this size, can you say ZOOM. This could be one of the great performence cars and performence bargins that Chevy ever built. Please Mr. LUTZ, you build it I will buy it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The second one. The first looks like a car boat, and it looks like who ever made it didnt put time and effort into it(no offense if anyone of you made it). Atleat GM made something that was meant for people would buy.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I really like the second one and would probably buy one. However, if you put the front end of the second one onto the first one, I would really like the first one.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I would take the second one. I like it's smooth lines. I would
like to see the I5 go into it. While you're at it supercharge it too.
Put it somewhere around 300 Bhp.

I think the first one looks a little to "futuristic."

If Chevy was to build the second one, I would be first in line to buy it,
of coarse they would need to keep it at that 18-20k price.

MY $.02

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I'm sort of neutral regarding the designs.
Before I commit, define what the Nomad theme is supposed to be. Is it a utilarian vehicle sort of like a cross between the SUV's and standard wagons? Is it supoosed to be a light and airy kind of car with which the owner can spin around town picking up stuff in his hatch area (sort of a sports car/wagon concept)-you know, the windows rolled down breeze in the hair. A casual car? I don't think that it is supposed to be a station wagon that people can slalom on the weekends (I may be wrong though).
Somehow, I missed the theme of this car.

In any case, the first car's photo hit me "Rambler Marlin".

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i'd like the 1st one. for these reasons..

sharper body lines.
more agressive grill/headlights (not that pansy azz mini cooper styled ones).
but i'd prefer the side mirrors off the 2nd one.

BTW, theres been alot of talk about upsetting vette owners with 50's vette style grill. i say who cares what they think..

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I know how this is going sound but I like them both.There both wonderful in there own ways from the mid fifties shoebox inspired 99 with a V8.To the small nimbel first CORVETTE inspired nomad brought to the modern day there both AWSOM.The 99 concept for the dragstrip and the 04 consept for curvy roads I really cant make up my mind.REALLY! :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
2nd one. It pays homage to the 53 Vette much better than the first one does to the 69 Camaro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts