GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime reliable source oh2o has reported that the Chrysler 300C SRT will be dropped due to low sales — but only in left hand drive form.

It appears that most buyers in North America choose the Charger SRT over the 300 SRT anyway. In Australia, one of the 300C SRT’s larger markets, there is no Charger SRT available, so the right hand drive 300C SRT will be retained. This car is also sold in very low numbers in various other countries which “drive on the left.”

There may still be a 392-powered Chrysler 300C, but it seems unlikely the company would keep that option with Dodge dominating the company’s high performance options.

Narrowing down SRT choices further, some believe the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT will eventually be renamed “Trackhawk.” However, this remains speculation based mainly on a trademark filing.

If there really isnt no "SRT" 300, i understand, its not really worth the topped out price of $63K!!! thats the price of a Hellcat Charger and offers the same options as the Chrysler...

Now.. if they offer the 392 in the Varvatos 300 (like the Chargers R/T Scat pack) without the "track pack" suspension stuff, it could be priced ALOT lower at a reasonable $47K.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
there is also the "ISSUE" of SRT being re-joined to Dodge and IMHO to sell a Dodge option on a Chrysler OR Jeep product is a dis service to there brands
I also wonder if that means the Charger is NOT going to go RHD as I thought the Charger/Challenger could offer a alternative to the dying Falcon/Commodore "sport" models while the 300C takes on the "LUX" model lines
+ "HAY Charger" I think is still remembered

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The jeep is continuing as the Track hawk.

Chargers isn't designed to be RHD. Just because it shares a platform with the 300, Doesnt mean it can work. 300 and charger are 2 different cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts