GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I don't think it is and the car pictured looks good. Other than some masking around the taillights (which are probably not the production ones anyway)the rest of the car looks stunning.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not crazy about the rocker panel comeing up so far on the rear quarter panel but other than that, it's looking really good.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Bill Mitchel would be proud! And I hope everyone that worked on this project feels that way! It is stunning. IMO, this is what Cadillac should be, American luxury, not another BMW or Lexus clone. As to making it a world brand, how about selling them where there's a demand and quit ****ing away marketing money trying to get the Brits etc, to buy a car they'll never understand or desire.

·
Registered
450 Posts
What...

I'm so not impressed. Yeah it looks great, but did you all forget what the concept looked like? It looks like they massively cheaped out. The production back end is appalling.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Bill Mitchel would be proud! And I hope everyone that worked on this project feels that way! It is stunning. IMO, this is what Cadillac should be, American luxury, not another BMW or Lexus clone. As to making it a world brand, how about selling them where there's a demand and quit ****ing away marketing money trying to get the Brits etc, to buy a car they'll never understand or desire.
+1

This is a fantastic looking car, and exactly what Cadillac needs. This is NOT an alternative to the 335i Coupe, or CLK350, or A5. This is a car with all the obnoxious style of the Lambo Gallardo at 75% off.

Cadillac should consider producing this car in some OUTRAGEOUS colors and interior trims to match the style. How about some kind of crazy candy metallic orange color, with orange suede inserts in the seats?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Fantastic! I see that they kept all the original lines and body of the concept. Even the dual exhausts are kept intact.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What...

I'm so not impressed. Yeah it looks great, but did you all forget what the concept looked like? It looks like they massively cheaped out. The production back end is appalling.
The very flat rear is a disappointment compared to the strongly V-shaped rear on the concept. All the details are still there but it looks to have been seriously flattened out.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
The very flat rear is a disappointment compared to the strongly V-shaped rear on the concept. All the details are still there but it looks to have been seriously flattened out.
Umm... that might be the angle of the photograph. I don't see any changes from concept to production.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
It's a good attempt by Cadillac.

But I think the rear design is too forced... it doesn't flow as well as the sedan's rear.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Umm... that might be the angle of the photograph. I don't see any changes from concept to production.
I think the photos posted very clearly show the V-shape flattened out on the production version. It's rather obvious to me, especially in the fascia. I'm sure the bone white paint job does little to help the appearance however.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Thats not bad... If it looks that good in person the car will sell well...

As for a Marketing Suggestion...

I would market it with the Camaro...

Take a middle aged rich guy talking to his trophy wife in front of their "Cape Cod" house about their worries about their son going to college... In the tree lined Driveway is the CTC and a SS Camaro side by side...

Husband says, "Don't worry dear, Suzie will keep him focused just like, when you and I used to study together." The wife has little "smirk", maybe a small giggle.

Pan over and enter Suzie, who is not hard to look at, wearing a very short skirt and tight sweater, she gets in the passenger side of the Camaro, leans out of the window (and the sweater) and Says "Bye, Mr and Mrs Richardson, don't worry, I'll take good care of him" and they drive away... The dad smiles and says "That's my boy."

He turns to the wife and says "you want to study some too", she smirks and giggles again
They get in the Caddy and drive off in the opposite direction.

For the tag line you could go conservative like
"Coupes are BACK"

A little more racy like
"Life is better in a Coupe"

Or
"Study life in a Coupe"

My favorite, in your face.
"Buy one, get some"

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
i think it will be the same, theres just no need to put all that bliing on a pre-production prototype
Yup!

Like I've said before, this is a prototype. GM's not going to waste money slapping all this flashy chrome and stuff on the car to make a PROTOTYPE look nice. It'll end up getting crushed once production starts anyways.

Plus, the rear end most likely looks better than it does in the picture. The paint job on the prototype kinda messes with the image.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats not bad... If it looks that good in person the car will sell well...

As for a Marketing Suggestion...

I would market it with the Camaro...

Take a middle aged rich guy talking to his trophy wife in front of their "Cape Cod" house about their worries about their son going to college... In the tree lined Driveway is the CTC and a SS Camaro side by side...

Husband says, "Don't worry dear, Suzie will keep him focused just like, when you and I used to study together." The wife has little "smirk", maybe a small giggle.

Pan over and enter Suzie, who is not hard to look at, wearing a very short skirt and tight sweater, she gets in the passenger side of the Camaro, leans out of the window (and the sweater) and Says "Bye, Mr and Mrs Richardson, don't worry, I'll take good care of him" and they drive away... The dad smiles and says "That's my boy."

He turns to the wife and says "you want to study some too", she smirks and giggles again
They get in the Caddy and drive off in the opposite direction.

For the tag line you could go conservative like
"Coupes are BACK"

A little more racy like
"Life is better in a Coupe"

Or
"Study life in a Coupe"

My favorite, in your face.
"Buy one, get some"
That would be better than most commercials GM has now, only thing, GM has to be careful about how they position Cadillac. Since the DTS looks like it will be here a while and more than likely no STS upgrades, we don't want the White-hairs migrating over from Buick! ;)

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I wish it was more edgy like the concept!

·
Registered
450 Posts
lmao! Seriously?

They're totally different. The back on the white car is flat as a pancake. On the concept it was much more rounded, and the middle pointed out very prominently. And just look at how much more depth there was in the license plate area.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know, I just don't know. My new friend, Yello430, says to wait until I see it in person with other cars but that ass end just doesn't hit me right. I was hoping that once the camo was off it would have more of a deck and a hint of fender along the quarter panel. I guess I'll just have to wait until it hits the L.A. Show with some good paint and no camo.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts