GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I did not take these pics but the dedicated photogs over at KGP have caught what appears to be a SRT 8 Nitro prototype. If this is truly what it appears to be then this is a mistake in the making oh and heres the link hopefully Duspinnst (if he reads this) can help shed some light on this

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/12/spy-shots-dodge-nitro-srt-8/

·
Registered
857 Posts
One of the worst vehicle in product today gets more horsepower? Is it possible? This has to be a joke.

·
Registered
135 Posts
so they can sell 2,500 a year and not only 2,000?

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well autoblog posted an update saying they believe the vehicle in question could possibly be a fake but if it is a fake like they are saying where did the manufacturers plate come from? I know Manufacturers plates are not for public sale so this could either be indeed an SRT 8 prototype or this could be a one off like the dodge caravan R/T at NAIAS.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes thank you for clearing things up Du I wonder how foolish the people over at KGP must be feeling right now. However the one issue that has not been addressed at either autoblog or this thread and sorry for repeating myself but this is an important question to ask. if this is a fake then where did the realistic looking manufacturers plate come from? While I highly doubt this is a SRT model this could have very well been a Nitro that was testing some other component and the SRT badge was put on there to throw photographers off the trail thats the only part of these photos that still making me scratch my head alittle

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It could be a legit M-Plate, but many people at Chrysler can go grab badging.

Someone obviously thinks it is funny.
probably an engineer who decided to pull a fast one on the media. and apparently succeeded since KGP proclaimed this Nitro to be a SRT model.

Anyway I had one other thing I wanted to ask you about Du. one of the posters over at autoblog (Can't remember his name at the moment) claimed that there was a giant building in auburn hills where all the mules are kept. I tried to ask him for more information and suggested he might have been talking about CTC. Instead he mentioned that the building in question was "off campus so to speak" (no kidding that was his clue) and told me to figure it out my self. I did a google earth to at least try and find the building he was referring (he didn't provide directions either)to and I did find a few buildings over on Cross Creek Pkwy (which is not too far away from the North end of the evaluation track). Anyway My question is are the buildings there on cross creek park way buildings that are used by chrysler or are they just other businesses. I figured I'd ask you because you are a credible source of information on all things chrysler and you have answered my questions before in the past

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
probably an engineer who decided to pull a fast one on the media. and apparently succeeded since KGP proclaimed this Nitro to be a SRT model.

Anyway I had one other thing I wanted to ask you about Du. one of the posters over at autoblog (Can't remember his name at the moment) claimed that there was a giant building in auburn hills where all the mules are kept. I tried to ask him for more information and suggested he might have been talking about CTC. Instead he mentioned that the building in question was "off campus so to speak" (no kidding that was his clue) and told me to figure it out my self. I did a google earth to at least try and find the building he was referring (he didn't provide directions either)to and I did find a few buildings over on Cross Creek Pkwy (which is not too far away from the North end of the evaluation track). Anyway My question is are the buildings there on cross creek park way buildings that are used by chrysler or are they just other businesses. I figured I'd ask you because you are a credible source of information on all things chrysler and you have answered my questions before in the past
The only thing off site from CTC is FROC/FREC (depends on who you talk to what it is called). That is where SRT lives.

Now CTS does have a Staging Area near Pilot Plant (far eastern side of complex near the silo's) and they keep a lot of mules there.

Other than that DeckB (under Visitors Garage, which is under the plaza near HQ) there really isn't a closed in area where mules are parked.

Unless you want to talk about all the EE and Vehicle Development Garages in CTC.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
k thanks for answering that question Du the autoblog poster did not give me much info to go by and he claimed he wasn't talking about CTC or the museum. i bet he probably was talking about CTC and got his locations mixed up. again thanks for clearing that up Du

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Maybe an SRT 6 in the Nitro, or a very high powered SRT4, but I do not think a Hemi V8 is going in there

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe an SRT 6 in the Nitro, or a very high powered SRT4, but I do not think a Hemi V8 is going in their
I don't think so either but a Nitro is the last thing that should be a SRT model. if Dodge wants to make a new SRT then IMO they should use the avenger and make it a SRT 6 the R/T and its V6 has decent performance as it is but imagine what a SRT version can do to improve its performance and interior

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't think so either but a Nitro is the last thing that should be a SRT model. if Dodge wants to make a new SRT then IMO they should use the avenger and make it a SRT 6 the R/T and its V6 has decent performance as it is but imagine what a SRT version can do to improve its performance and interior
Well, I know the Avenger and Sebring are up for emergency overhauls of their interiors, especially considering what they did with the 2009 Dodge Ram's interior. An SRT6 or the Srt 4 engine with awd and more power would be great for the Avenger, plus word out of Chrysler's HQ is that rebadge jobs are going away, and the Nitro is on the list.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
who knows. all i know is that this is technically a repost, right?

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
who knows. all i know is that this is technically a repost, right?
Nope this is not a repost my friend the pictures of this "SRT-8 Nitro" came out earlier today

·
Registered
857 Posts
I hear an SRT8 Caravan could be next.......

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I still think an SRT 6 or very high powered SRT 4 would be more likely, the badging in the picture could just be camo for what they are really running under the hood

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I've always kinda liked the Nitro for some reason. I've been wondering why there isnt a SRT version of it. I think a SRT-6 Nitro would be pretty cool. SRT-8 would be a little overkill though. I'm sure this Nitro is a fake, but kinda neat anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear an SRT8 Caravan could be next.......
Thats the last thing we need on the road a souped up but still uninspiring kiddie hauler with more horsepower than a soccer mom can handle. I'm glad Chrysler hasn't gotten that desperate yet

1 - 20 of 39 Posts