GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,989 Posts
"...Demand for Lexus luxury cars grew 20 percent to 25,013, led by the RX 330 SUV and ES 300 sport sedan..."

What is up with that crap?! The RX330 is by no means a handsome vehicle. Granted, style is subjective, but this vehicle easily outsells any of its competitors. Why?! God, that irritates me.

And I drove the ES330 several months back. It's underpowered and possesses awful driving feedback, despite the sporting claims laid out in the most recent Lexus ES330 commercials. And again, style is subjective, but this is not an attractive vehicle.

Man, I anxiously anticipate the day when perception catches up with reality: Lexus builds fantastically high-quality cars, and that's about it.

· Registered
8,989 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811@Apr 5 2004, 11:24 PM
The RX330 probably outsells its competitors because of its reasonable power, superquiet interior, luxurious appointments, innovative features, abundant safety features, great side/frontal crash test scores, high quality and reliability, and the prestige of owning a Lexus. At my school, almost every mom drives an RX330 or FX35.
The RX330 does not clearly outpace any of its competitors (SRX, XC90, MDX, X5, FX, ML) consistently and broadly in any of the aforementioned qualities, yet it clearly outpaces them in sales. This remains a mystery to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.