GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More than 250hp!! 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto... and what do we get? A G6 that will be out in 2 years? :angry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,389 Posts
Nissan is on a roll. GM suits take a few lessons in how to turn things around from Nissan. Two years for the G6 - GXP? Just think what the Altima SE-R will be then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
This thing is gonna be HOT! 250+HP, 6SP manual, sport tuned suspension...HOT HOT HOT! Thank goodness we have the 200HP G6 coming out this fall to blow it away! LOL

Come one GM, bring out the GXP now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by gerardo_zg@Apr 4 2004, 03:46 AM
More than 250hp!! 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto... and what do we get? A G6 that will be out in 2 years? :angry:
Wait U have the MC/Impy SS 2 tie U over till then,just 10hp,1 extra gear,and a whole other tranny missing from its plate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Isn't the G6 GXP supposed to have a 270+hp 18 valve 3900? Why won't that be enough?

-T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by T-Keith@Apr 5 2004, 07:40 AM
Isn't the G6 GXP supposed to have a 270+hp 18 valve 3900? Why won't that be enough?

-T
I don't think any of us aren't saying that's enough. 270HP is plenty enough. We're just "peeved" that the higher-powered versions of the G6 don't come out for quite a while. In that time, the competition can really heat up.

Like I said:

GM BRING OUT THE G6 GXP NOW!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,174 Posts
The SE-R is a great concept but the 240HP Altima is a torque steer monster. Ten more HP will almost certainly result in even more torque steer.
I agree GM needs to make sure the G6 GXp gets out quick and be better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811+Apr 5 2004, 06:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RCtennis3811 @ Apr 5 2004, 06:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-T-Keith@Apr 5 2004, 07:40 AM
Isn't the G6 GXP supposed to have a 270+hp 18 valve 3900?  Why won't that be enough?

-T
I don't think any of us aren't saying that's enough. 270HP is plenty enough. We're just "peeved" that the higher-powered versions of the G6 don't come out for quite a while. In that time, the competition can really heat up.

Like I said:

GM BRING OUT THE G6 GXP NOW!!! :D [/b][/quote]
It's the title of the post. :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,944 Posts
Hi!.......smoke crack much?



All 2005 Altimas with the V6 have 250hp. The base price for a 2005 Altima SE with the 3.5 V6 is $27,460. Loaded up the car stickers for $30,330.

The LARGER, MORE ATTRACTIVE, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, with 260hp starts at $26,935 and when loaded up with Comp G and all the other nice stuff, it stickers for $31,900.

So if the "regular" Altima SE V6, with 250 hp is already more expensive than a Grand Prix GTP, which has MORE POWER. How much will the ugly "riced-up" version of the Altima cost? Probably more than $31,900.

WOW...yeah....Pontiac should be worried :rolleyes:


Why all the "chicken little" moaning over a car that is not even out yet, on either side, and when the Altima SE-R does come out, it will already be more expensive than a a GTP?

Yeah...I mean no one is even going to look at a G6 when the Altima SE-R is out, they will just sit on the dealerships lots gathering dust.....
nevermind that the G6 is about 1,000 times more attractive than the Altima, a newer design, available in a coupe and a convertible....nope...the SE-R has it all over the G6? :blink:

Oh yeah.....the G6 will be available with a 6 speed manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Apr 6 2004, 08:49 AM
Hi!.......smoke crack much?



All 2005 Altimas with the V6 have 250hp. The base price for a 2005 Altima SE with the 3.5 V6 is $27,460. Loaded up the car stickers for $30,330.

The LARGER, MORE ATTRACTIVE, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, with 260hp starts at $26,935 and when loaded up with Comp G and all the other nice stuff, it stickers for $31,900.

So if the "regular" Altima SE V6, with 250 hp is already more expensive than a Grand Prix GTP, which has MORE POWER. How much will the ugly "riced-up" version of the Altima cost? Probably more than $31,900.

WOW...yeah....Pontiac should be worried :rolleyes:


Why all the "chicken little" moaning over a car that is not even out yet, on either side, and when the Altima SE-R does come out, it will already be more expensive than a a GTP?

Yeah...I mean no one is even going to look at a G6 when the Altima SE-R is out, they will just sit on the dealerships lots gathering dust.....
nevermind that the G6 is about 1,000 times more attractive than the Altima, a newer design, available in a coupe and a convertible....nope...the SE-R has it all over the G6? :blink:

Oh yeah.....the G6 will be available with a 6 speed manual.
Styling to me is subjective. Either you like the front or you don't. Same goes for the Altima - you really can't say which car is more attractive. Plus, a fully-loaded Altima does come in with extras like a NAV system, HID headlamps, and automatic climate control. And aren't they in different segments anyways? I thought the GP goes up against the Maxima.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top