GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
The old "smallblock-in-a-Z" trick goes back to the days of the 240Z.

It's pretty sweet.....and I'd imagine (but I don't know for sure) the LS2 is a chunk cheaper to buy outright than a Nissan VK56DE V8.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
The old "smallblock-in-a-Z" trick goes back to the days of the 240Z.

It's pretty sweet.....and I'd imagine (but I don't know for sure) the LS2 is a chunk cheaper to buy outright than a Nissan VK56DE V8.
Yep. Small Block's tend to find themselves into the engine bays of many non GM cars.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Powered by GM/Chevrolet on a Nissan is better than "Powered by Honda" on a Honda

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Funny how no one would bother to put a Nissan engine in a Chevy....to go faster !!!!
A Chevrolet LS engine weighs less, costs less and puts out way, way more power.
Why is it funny? Nissan/Infiniti engines are more like Cadillac Northstar engines.....smooth and powerful, but expensive (like you mentioned, as did I already). By the way not ALL LS engine are more powerful than every Nissan V8.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Why is it funny? Nissan/Infiniti engines are more like Cadillac Northstar engines.....smooth and powerful, but expensive (like you mentioned, as did I already). By the way not ALL LS engine are more powerful than every Nissan V8.
Maybe not as powerful....but definitely lighter, smaller, cheaper and with minimal mods, more powerful.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Maybe not as powerful....but definitely lighter, smaller, cheaper and with minimal mods, more powerful.
I do agree. And much easier to tune! Nissan engineers are butt-puppets about their computers! p.s. the Nissan V8 isn't "huge"....but the DOHC design adds mass and weight up high compared to the compact GM pushrod V8.

Here's a 350Z with a Titan V8 (and a supercharger too!). http://driftemporium.com/G35TitanV8.htm

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I was referring to PERFORMANCE CARS like the car mentioned in the link.
Obviously there is a vast range of LS engines, just as there is a range of Nissan engines that are not so "Northstar like " you would have to be an airhead to put a Nissan engine in a Vette or Camaro for performance reasons but within a few miles of my business are multiple Z-Cars and RX7's with LS engine conversions.
Let me know the next time you see a Nissan engine in a winning March, Lola, Chevron, Riley, etc. chassis. Or maybe in a Latemodel Sportsman, or West- coast Sport Truck, or Dirt track car. When it comes to performance Chevrolet engines are more efficient, lighter, cheaper, and way, way, more powerful.
Deal with it !!

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Yep. Small Block's tend to find themselves into the engine bays of many non GM cars.
They have been for years...and it's always awesome to see. :yup:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Obviously there is a vast range of LS engines, just as there is a range of Nissan engines that are not so "Northstar like " you would have to be an airhead to put a Nissan engine in a Vette or Camaro for performance reasons but within a few miles of my business are multiple Z-Cars and RX7's with LS engine conversions.
Let me know the next time you see a Nissan engine in a winning March, Lola, Chevron, Riley, etc. chassis. Or maybe in a Latemodel Sportsman, or West- coast Sport Truck, or Dirt track car. When it comes to performance Chevrolet engines are more efficient, lighter, cheaper, and way, way, more powerful.
Deal with it !!
Are you insane or do you not read well? I agreed with you. The exception was you made an incorrect blanket statement (way, way, more powerful), and I called you on it. Deal with it.

Nissan doesn't have a "performance" V8 engine using your standard of "PERFORMANCE CARS"....so it seems you win. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Deal with it !!
Wasn't Indycar or was it CART that was running Nissan / Infiniti V8 s?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Wasn't Indycar or was it CART that was running Nissan / Infiniti V8 s?
Yes it's true...but I wasn't going to go there, because Oldsmobile's IRL V8 was better. ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
F&$%ing Cool! Like renovating an old house...improves the value! LOL

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
As far as imports in general, this is nothing new. I remember seeing a Mark IV Supra a while back with a nice GM V8 underhood although this is the first Z car I've seen with one..... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts