4,391 Posts
It wont play for me for some reason.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Very nice commercial.. almost unGM like in its effectiveness.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Ive seen that several times on TV, even a few times durring the olypics.
A very cool commercial, very cool. I like the Malibu build commercials.
This is a variation on the assembly line theme, but GM hasn't aired an ad like this. You know how I know that? Because it's impossible for their marketing guys to pull their heads out of their asses long enough to put something like that together.

I'm sorry but GM's marketing over the past ten years has just been ABSYMAL. Let's start with the crappy press shots that every automagazine and blog uses that manages to make the CTS look less than impressive and work to television where the only thing I've seen with less inspiration is the VideoProfessor commercial.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That Hummer one is pretty fun to watch:

http://www.josephkosinski.com/projects/movs/hummer.html

A number of the other ads have various CGI modern architecture that's neat to look at. The way most of them work with minimalist music is much less abrasive than the way so many commercials SCREAM at you to buy their product. There's definitely a lot of talent there, and a level of advertising that's heads above the average dreck.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Oh wow. I remember the Saab Aero X ad and how we all loved that one. I'm glad GM actually used this guy and made some great commercials. I remember seeing the hybrid one during the Olympics.

What fantastic ads - they have an emotional appeal, something I think automotive advertising has been lacking. Very very nice!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.