GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Nice snap. Did you take it for a spin?
In reading the title of this thread it occurred to me that it is a pity BMW have a mortgage over M and a numeral. Calling it the Pontiac M8 (as in mate) would have been a good deference to its origins. Speaking of M's I wonder what BMW will call the motorsport version of the 1 series. They wouldnt dare call it the M1 as that was used for one of their best looking models.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
You just wanted to use your new camera. :D

·
Registered
13,173 Posts
The G8's in this area are hitting the showroom floors and moving out so fast I have yet to see on at the local dealership. I did run into an owner who bought one locally and he loves it.

Says the car flies.. and he was really enjoying the conversation as well as his car..

Nice product.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Take the Bonneville in and see how much they will give you for it, trade er in.

Times are tough, you might be able to get a deal.

I actually did get a chance to sit in a black on black V6 G8 with leather and a sunroof, very nice car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Took a G8 V6 for a spin Saturday. I told the salesman upfront that I'm interested in the ST, so he was no pressure, and asked if I wanted to drive it, I think he was just bored cause he said I could go where ever I wanted and said I could drive to Tuscon and back if I wanted. LOL... Anyhow... I was surprised at how peppy the V6 is, having only owned V8's pretty much all my driving life. The interior is well laid out, but some of the controls are not intuitive when you hop in and try to figure things out while driving down the highway. Rear visibility I thought was good while backing up, however the blind spots would take some time to get used to for preforming lane changes to the left. Now they did not have a GT on hand, only 4 V6's, as being I've owned a Charger Daytona for almost 3 years it would be nice to compare.

The salesman was laid back and kept urging me to push the car to it's limits, which outside of full throttle on the on ramps I didn't, as a ticket = loss of company truck = I will have to pay for fuel again, and whoever buys the car I'm sure wouldn't want it if the car was thrown sideways on test drives, or half the tread missing prior to them buying it.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
:( I am so tempted to buy a GT. I went all over trying to find one to look at Saturday. I could only find a black V6, and someone was there buying it when I got there.

If I don't end up with a 2009 GT I will be surprised. :yup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.