GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,872 Posts
Looks really good. I especially like the line coming off above the front tire moving rearward towards the door. Also, the rear recalls the early Camaros a bit and is tastefully done. The lower fascia below the grill looks like it the SS Concept.

Very nice :) Who drew this?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I like it, seems to be mirroring the GTO's frame/stance and doesn't have a retro style to it. There are hints in the rear 1/4's and the spoiler, but its not Uber retro like the Stang, I like.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Looks great! I wonder how a Pontiac symbol and Firebird would look on it??????

:bounce:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Looks good, the rear leg room will probably be at a premium...I can see some SS hints in there...

·
Registered
180 Posts
It looks sweet, I am not completely sold on the grille yet. Hopefully we can see something a little more agressive. I would buy one

I do think an adjustment to the lower facia, giving it a wider opening and more of the common camaro shark like look would help IMO

·
Registered
39 Posts
The rear quarter seems to suggest he artist has been paying attention to the Zeta-based examples out there... Overall I think it looks pretty good - I really like the sides. However, the front end reminds me a lot of the Impala. I guess I was hoping for something more revolutionary from the next Camaro.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by actionjack@Mar 25 2004, 03:05 PM
Looks great! I wonder how a Pontiac symbol and Firebird would look on it??????
:eek: wont look right as a pontiac , unless its built in australia and we make it look boring. :woot2:

j/k..geez

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
hopefully there won't be too much whining about the new Mustang, because this Camaro rendering is just as retro. humped rear quarters, small quarter windows, kind of a flat front-end.. can't really explain it as well as i'd like, but i see some 67-69 Camaro there for sure. not to mention the mid-70's hood scoop. looks good, though. i'd like to see it for real on a turntable. wonder who did it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
looks like a cross between a 1st gen and a fourth gen camaro..I think it looks really good but the front could use a bit more of an agressive look. Build it!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think this artists concept pretty much nails it. Not too retro and not too futuristic.
I'd like to see this thing in person though and hear that V8 exhaust note and some shredding tires......then go Stang hunting! ;)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
nice try,
but I think the new camaro should look more like a racer, or something outrageous to honor the american tradition.
not a wanabe infiniti or some rounded-bulked up first gen.

if this thing would be stretched a little (lower, longer hood), and wider like a thirdgen...

also, the rear should be like some sort of an arrow, not a doggy ready to poop like the crossfire

to treat the 5th gen the same way as the 05 rustang is a mistake for this car...

·
Banned
2,178 Posts
Its horrible. I pray that there isnt a hint of retro design in the 5th gen. Onward to better and new things. The new mustang looks like a mutt. It has no flowing lines an contines the jacked-up look of previous stangs. A new Solstice-quality design are whats called for. I dont think retro works as well for the camaro because the trailertrash/guido stigma.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I really like it, very stylish...i definately think zeta for this...looks very musclecarish...although it should probably be a bit smaller...good enough though...shouldnt wish for too much ^_^

·
Registered
815 Posts
Originally posted by jordanz28ss@Mar 25 2004, 09:15 PM
looks like a cross between a 1st gen and a fourth gen camaro..I think it looks really good but the front could use a bit more of an agressive look. Build it!
IMO the 1st and 4th gen have some of the best lines and together it can onltybe better.

B)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts