GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From TheCarConnection.com

American Suzuki plans to make a big splash in New York with the unveiling of its next product, a sport-utility vehicle based on an existing GM/Daewoo (GMDAT) platform. The SUV is set for sale this fall, joining the Vitara and Grand Vitara as trucks available in Suzuki's product lineup.

Full Article Here

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought! But it looks a little bit too high off the ground for an SUV...

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
If the Highlander and Pilot can qualify as "SUV"s, and that jacked up Volvo station wagon...

If a SCION can make it on the front page of "Mini Truckin'" magaizine... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL :lol:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
If you want to call the Volvo XC70 or Subaru Outback a "sport utility," I can't stop you. But would you call a Volvo V70 or Subaru Legacy anything but a station wagon? Unless Suzuki/Daewoo has raised the ride height and added AWD to the Nubira wagon, this new Suzuki is nothing more than a station wagon. But that's just me.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they wanna call this an SUV, they better add AWD/4WD, a higher suspension, 16-17" wheels, and DEFINITLY a V6 engine. That's just my view...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts