GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came from this week's issue of Automotive News

Attachment removed at copyright owners request. GMI does not support a policy of posting copyrighted information and will not do so in the future.

·
Registered
750 Posts
This looks like a mild re-skin on the W-body platform! <_<

I hope this doesn't mean we have to wait for a few more years before the RWD version hits the streets. What would that make it? 2008 or 2009??? :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, i didnt read before posting. :blink:

It's not a bad looking car though. Chevy should bring it here, its ultra conservative a la Chevy style.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
2006 for a reskin/re-do on the interior?

I've yelled for it more loudly than most, but 2006?

I thought we were getting an all-new Impala for 2007...?

Let's hope this model is mid-year or early spring of next year --- I think the Grand Prix redo was early, the Vibe as well.

That lends some credence to the rumors of the Monte Carlo getting a "significant facelift".

Think they'll actually put a new engine or two under the hoods?

5,934 Posts
I would like to see an Impala with "all new" lines, and based off GM's new RWD platform. I just think the Impala should be RWD.

It would be cool to have a "retro" Impala, that looks like Ronnie Howard's '58 Impala from 'American Grafitti". You know, the 3 tail lights, etc.

;) ;)

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by mountain_23@Jun 16 2004, 12:57 PM
NSAP,

That is copyrighted material that shouldn't be posted online. The photos will show up online in a day or two anyways.
This will not show up online. I have seen tons of spy shots that show up in Automotive News print, and never show up on the internet. That is why Auto News is $158 a year.

As for the copyright, that is exactly why I left all the names and sources on the pic.

This is not the first time I have posted a spy shot from Auto News anyway

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Eehh, it should not look like the Taurus if it is a 'reskin', like what NSAP is saying. We need more information to make better analysis.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It can only get better, and with how well the Current Impala sells (REALLY WELL, its #3 behind Accord and Camry) this can really only help it, especially the interior.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Wow...So I guess that all the votes are in. The car sucks already, yet we have seen a low-quality, camo'ed Impalla. But somehow everyone has seemed to see through all that and saw what it really looks like.

As of right now, there is no news of a RWD Impy. The Impy has sold well on its FWD chassis, and who knows what GM will do.
The Mid Eastern Impy is already here....In 2dr and with a Pontiac badge. Take a guess?

Im sure that the Impy will continue to do well, and now it will be even better with a better quality interor(thanks Lutz), and probably a smoother looking car over all. I personaly really like the present Impy. This reskined Impy will be the last of teh 10 new cars from Chevy.
Glad GM is keeping up with the Impala. I hope that it keeps the momentum going.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
From what I've heard, GM is currently leading toward using their 4.8L OHV V8 in the next-gen RWD Impala. The question is whether GM will do that for the 2006 model year or sit on the current FWD configuration a little longer.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Mid Eastern Impy is already here....In 2dr and with a Pontiac badge. Take a guess?

Do you mean the GTO? cause thats the Aussies car. Holden Manaro. IIRC the mideast impy/caprice is not the same as the monaro.. (but I could be wrong)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by akumaknight@Jun 16 2004, 07:51 PM

Do you mean the GTO? cause thats the Aussies car. Holden Manaro. IIRC the mideast impy/caprice is not the same as the monaro.. (but I could be wrong)
The Mid East cars are made by Holden. Same car, different badges. I dont belive that the Chevy Caprice in the Mid East is off the GTO/Monaro/Commadore chassis. I belive that its the Lumina, but you get my point.

Last I heard, the 4.8 is on its way out the door. The 5.3 has been approved for car use. News is that the GP will get it for a GXP model. Engine is called the LS4.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts