GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it that the HHR is soon to be redeisgned as early as 2008 and as late as 2010. This is my projection at what the exterior styling will look like. Please write up what you think. Also, if any of yawll have any updates on the upcoming HHR please post it up as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I have tried to avoid the boxy look due to so many foreign compacts going with that style. One of the biggest slogans for the HHR is unblend. By staying with the 'no straight lines' theme, it will definitly stick out from the crowd. Thats my take on it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it looks so good that it is hard to upgrade it. This is my first shot at it. I hope to find a better appearence in the future. I think that I have improved on the details with this pic. That was my first objective.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man! I'll do that. Look for more improvements on my next pics. Thanks again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good sketch...profiles look nice...good effort.

Although, it looks like a Daihatsu, and that's not a good thing.

:barf:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whoa! It does! Scratch that thought. I already have another concept that I am working on. Look for pics of it soon.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
....now just to slap that on a Lambda platform and we're all set ;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Overall, you've got the perspective down for the most part. Just minor details like making your ovals true ovals and your straight lines straight lines would help. So if you tuned up those drawing basics it would polish up the design. As for this design itself, I like the retro-style fenders and round almost porshe-like headlights, but even if it is a retro design (which the HHR is) it should still incoorperate some of the current Chevy design cues. (Example, either a 3 section lower front fascia, of a grill with a "bar" running though it) You know what I'm talking about. =)

So overall, I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, because everyone knows I'm not the greatest artist on earth, but the biggest hint that anyone can give you is keep drawing and studying different cars designs, because the old saying rings true, practice makes perfect. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts