GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, looks like a better CT5 front with a shark-like nose.
It's still concerning if the CT6 will come to the US again, the caddy sedan lineup relies on the CT6 (all in-betweener sedans to take up a lot of the market) and now that's its been empty for about two years it's not that competitive compared to rivals. (excluding the blackwings)

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
606 Posts
it needs a BW treatment and availability in U.S. If it's an I4-only made for China they can get lost with it.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
I am always impressed every time I see a CT6. Oh well
Me too. It's a car with real presence. It screams "Cadillac" better than any sedan they've built in years.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
^^^
What a shame!

To my eyes, it was just everything that a Cadillac should be. And I love the sporty sedans, and coupes; I had a 2004 CTS and 2011 CTS Coupe and drive a 2019 ATS Coupe now. But the Cadillac lineup should never have been without a big sedan like the CT6. One that just exudes elegance and class.

Reactions: RedSkyBlackDream

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
^^^
What a shame!

To my eyes, it was just everything that a Cadillac should be. And I love the sporty sedans, and coupes; I had a 2004 CTS and 2011 CTS Coupe and drive a 2019 ATS Coupe now. But the Cadillac lineup should never have been without a big sedan like the CT6. One that just exudes elegance and class.
I can certainly understand the desire for Cadillac to replace them with premium EVs (Cellestiq, Lyriq, whatever else -iq) Electric drive mates up with luxury ideals perfectly.

But they're not here yet. You don't chuck the old ones until you've got the news ones online. Some overlap could also be allowed.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,749 Posts
Every time I see a CT6--which isn't often--I think to myself, "well at least there's someone left in the world with good taste". Then I see about 100 recent BMWs and Lexus and shudder and try to look at something else.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
that's a shame... hopefully no one was hurt.
Thankfully, no. Car was legally parked at a meter. Kid hit the car so hard it was ups on the sidewalk. car was obviously in park. I came out of the restaurant and my car was sitting on the sidewalk. Didn't know what to think.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate
Car Automotive lighting Hood Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
15,241 Posts
I can certainly understand the desire for Cadillac to replace them with premium EVs (Cellestiq, Lyriq, whatever else -iq) Electric drive mates up with luxury ideals perfectly.

But they're not here yet. You don't chuck the old ones until you've got the news ones online. Some overlap could also be allowed.
Totally agree. This is where I think these mfrs. are making a big mistake. Most of the public is not ready/on board yet for these EV's and we need a transition period. That's where these and hybrids should be, easing us into a fully EV world.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Totally agree. This is where I think these mfrs. are making a big mistake. Most of the public is not ready/on board yet for these EV's and we need a transition period. That's where these and hybrids should be, easing us into a fully EV world.
Although .... said overlap would result in automakers competing with themselves. We know that the EVs will "overcome", but buyers can be hard to pry out of what they're used to. Especially if the new product isn't better than the old one .... yet.

This also happened in the seventies, when automakers were forced to make fast changes for crashworthiness, emissions reduction, and fuel mileage improvements (all at the same time). This resulted in automakers stopping production of the cars buyers still wanted, to enable enough "improved" cars to be sold to meet required targets.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
15,241 Posts
Although .... said overlap would result in automakers competing with themselves. We know that the EVs will "overcome", but buyers can be hard to pry out of what they're used to. Especially if the new product isn't better than the old one .... yet.

This also happened in the seventies, when automakers were forced to make fast changes for crashworthiness, emissions reduction, and fuel mileage improvements (all at the same time). This resulted in automakers stopping production of the cars buyers still wanted, to enable enough "improved" cars to be sold to meet required targets.
And the rounds of "downsizing" to meet all this BS in the middle of it all too. The public found it all to be a bit off putting IIRC :(

·
Super Moderator
21,307 Posts
Thankfully, no. Car was legally parked at a meter. Kid hit the car so hard it was ups on the sidewalk. car was obviously in park. I came out of the restaurant and my car was sitting on the sidewalk. Didn't know what to think. View attachment 66992 View attachment 66993
And on that day, a 17 year old was dropped from his insurance company. 😂

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
And on that day, a 17 year old was dropped from his insurance company. 😂
I can only hope. The amazing thing is he told the police he had a 'seizure' and they didn't ticket him.:eek:
The fellow with the pick-up parked next to me who also suffered heavy damage wasn't a happy camper either. Nothing we could do.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts