GM Inside News Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I wonder why they don't make a regular cab on the same wheelbase as a crew cab and just fill in the empty space with bed even if it means the bed is 7 1/2' or even longer.
Probably because of the incredibly small number of people who would buy that.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I'm not interested in paying $100k for a frunk.

The Honda Ridgeline has a trunk in its "bed" would that be called a brunk?

Now imagine a having a frunk a brunk and a bed all in one vehicle?!?!?!...I can't be the only person here excited about the prospect of such a vehicle!.
How about a bunk bed!

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
No 1 best selling truck in the USA/World F-150

View attachment 63768

Nice big rectangular practical rear cab glass

No2 best selling vehicle in the USA

View attachment 63769

Third best selling pick-up

View attachment 63770

All the best sellers have plenty of rear cab glass just one small detail, every little helps.

Just hoping the the next generation Colorado will also be a winner with no designed in rear cab induced blind spots, no scrimping, no short cuts cutting corners in glass rear cab on glass, just a small detail every little bit helps

Keep the classic best selling trucks practical big best sellers not boring dull and unpractical.

Big steel door upswoops are not for me, l don't enjoy designed in unpractical blindspots personally.
Obviously, it's a HUGE exaggeration to call the Colorado's upswept belt line a "blind spot". And thinking that the belt lines are why one truck outsells another? You've gotta be kidding! Look at Ford's FRONT door belt line. Worst looking thing on any truck. Even Ford's marketing always shows the truck angled to hide that "mistake". But yet .... F-150 is the leader in sales.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,345 Posts
Obviously, it's a HUGE exaggeration to call the Colorado's upswept belt line a "blind spot". And thinking that the belt lines are why one truck outsells another? You've gotta be kidding! Look at Ford's FRONT door belt line. Worst looking thing on any truck. Even Ford's marketing always shows the truck angled to hide that "mistake". But yet .... F-150 is the leader in sales.
Funny, but most photos of the truck are front 3/4 angle which does a very good job of doing exactly what you say, hiding that lower front window line with the rear view mirror. :D

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Funny, but most photos of the truck are front 3/4 angle which does a very good job of doing exactly what you say, hiding that lower front window line with the rear view mirror. :D
That's what I'm saying.

That belt line just looks like they employed two designers to style that line. One started at the front, and one in the back. They met up at the middle of the front door and thought, "Eh, that'll do."

Then the marketing guys came in and said, "Jeez, what happened there? We better take 3/4 angle pictures of this."

Then the executives scanned the marketing photos and said, "Looks good, run it."

Then the customer thought, "Cool, next time I'm waiting at a light, I can check out all the cigarette butts by the curb."

Next time they're waiting at a light, "Ooh, there's a good one!"

That's right, I just wrote a story that makes the marketing guys look like the smart ones. Talk about your unexpected plot twists!

101 - 106 of 106 Posts