GM Inside News Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
This got me to thinking/wondering, and it wouldn't surprise me the way gm rolls sometimes, to see this come out looking like a baby Silverado for this generation.
Could you imagine every Chevy product getting Silverado cues?

gm (almost) tried it with the forgotten Camaro.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,345 Posts

Or like the contrived crease on the upper front fender-front door that they had going on or still do sort of but minus the Cruze.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
You could always back IN to your driveway to avoid all the pain getting out.
You can only really reverse into the drive from one direction, that direction l never ever approach from never ever come if from that direction 99.99% of the time probably only ever approached the house a few times in the last 31 years (Everything l do is in the opposite direction) can approach from the easy to reverse in direction approximately a 1.5 mile detour to come approach it the right direction angle to tight impossible directly turn into without mounting the 9in kerb (local authority kerb owned not allowed to touch, local residents against it cant be done as it change the character with the rest of the street, also has a tre preservation order on the tree planted with it) taking the neighbour wall out running over the other neighbours flower beds, it's just so tight even in a Fiat 500 you just cant turn into it forwards from the wrong direction , its difficult to describe the driveway is 35 degree steep gradient up to the house that you have to reverse uphill fast, main road road outside is narrow goes up a 45 degree steep hill as l approach the house where you normally l just stop wait for a gap in the traffic forwards.

Biggest problem with reversing into the drive from both directions is l have to overshoot the driveway to reverse back, go past driveway stop in traffic, when l select reverse gear all the parking sensors start giving an instant aural warning the it's the big bus sitting on my tailgate/rear view mirror and 10 tooting cars following are wondering why some idiot has stop in front them.

"tripowergto" YOU try getting out your car and telling the 20 cars that grown to 50 car jammed up on your tailgate please can you all reverse back 10 yards l want to reverse back into my driveway, so the 50 cars all agree to move back then you still have to reverse from the other side of the road through oncoming traffic coming in the other direct whilst waiting for a slot hole in traffic. It's just not practical to do it. Rolling down the hill slope in my drive reversing is so much easier, a real pain in neck very hard to describe the reverse parking camera are totally just look directly backward not upwards over my neighbour wall hedge at 90 degrees to the truck, big practical rectangular glass in the rear cab would make life a lot easier for me when reverse out my drive, it's not just that it also helps when you are reversing in general like into tight spots you can see more of the lower sitting cars that inbuilt swoop up door lines Autoblog mentions in the extreme bottom rear cabs can be out-of-sight designed in blind spot in a higher sitting truck.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
You're literally describing the Amarok. And most Volkswagens for that matter.

It doesn't. I drive an extended cab Colorado so the swoop is even closer in my line of sight and you're describing a complete non issue for anyone who isn't child height.
F-150, Silverado & Ram, are my own personal favourites just for the record.

Well the Colorado with it's induced designed in induced blind spots with it's upswooping rear cab door lines that Autoblog mentioned would not get my money it's as simple as that, l dream of owning a Chevy truck but would simply pass instantly on the current Colorado, never want to own a Amorok not interested in ever buying anything from VW period. Wife owned a MK2 Golf absolutely hated it, build quality was good up until it caught fire nearly wiped out my family after 2 months ownership. Just like the more practical shape of Amorok and it's permanent AWD sounds great would'nt touch it with a bargepole. I only really would buy either a Colorado or Ranger nothing else, Ford's Ranger is the most capable midsized truck outside North America that would get my money.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
No 1 best selling truck in the USA/World F-150

Nice big rectangular practical rear cab glass

No2 best selling vehicle in the USA

Third best selling pick-up

All the best sellers have plenty of rear cab glass just one small detail, every little helps.

Just hoping the the next generation Colorado will also be a winner with no designed in rear cab induced blind spots, no scrimping, no short cuts cutting corners in glass rear cab on glass, just a small detail every little bit helps

Keep the classic best selling trucks practical big best sellers not boring dull and unpractical.

Big steel door upswoops are not for me, l don't enjoy designed in unpractical blindspots personally.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
, l just know the red Colorado unpractical upward swoop in the rear cab will cause an induced blind spot, whereas a Amorok/Silverado big more practical square glass windows won't in my situation.
You're literally describing the Amarok. And most Volkswagens for that matter.

It doesn't. I drive an extended cab Colorado so the swoop is even closer in my line of sight and you're describing a complete non issue for anyone who isn't child height.
The upward swoop in the rear cab does not pose a problem. My father has one and I have driven it on multiple occasions in city traffic and the like. There is no blind spot as you the driver is high enough up that it is no problem at all. To Quote you "I just Know" ;) because I do and from experience :)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
The upward swoop in the rear cab does not pose a problem. My father has one and I have driven it on multiple occasions in city traffic and the like. There is no blind spot as you the driver is high enough up that it is no problem at all. To Quote you "I just Know" ;) because I do and from experience :)
Pleased for your Father 1958carnut

It's not for me me personally, hopefully the new Colorado will win me over as well and join your Dad.

Ford's Ranger is back has only been back 5 minutes and zoomed past the Colorado in sales from nowhere, straight out the BOX, even Jeeps new Gladiator coming up in the Colorado's rear view mirror in sales.

Hoping this new Colorado will help pick-up the downward sales moving fortunes, and put the Colorado where back where it belongs, way back out in front of the Ranger.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts

It's not for me me personally, hopefully the new Colorado will win me over as well.

Ford's Ranger is back has only been back 5 minutes and zoomed past the Colorado in sales from nowhere, straight out the BOX, even Jeeps new Gladiator coming up in the Colorado's rear view mirror in sales.

Hoping this new Colorado will help pick-up the downward sales moving fortunes, and put the Colorado where back where it belongs, way back out in front of the Ranger.
I'm waiting to see what they come up with because me personally, I like the current one and its styling. Edit: (The new one in camo) It almost looks like a combination of the current one and the last generation a little bit under there. And as for its drivability, that ZR2 package really handles.

·
Premium Member
34,053 Posts

It's not for me me personally, hopefully the new Colorado will win me over as well and join your Dad.

You know, sales volume is a good measure of success, but its not always the best measure, Enterprise lots are full of Rangers and Jeeps trucks. Don't believe me, I have rented in the last month twice when the Traverse has been in for service. The Quality of the sale matters too. Ask Honda. They have never ever done a fleet sale.

GM learnt that lesson the very hard way and they are quick to avoid falling there. They no longer want to be the volume sales leader, they want to be the most profitable.

Nissan has learnt that lesson too it seems.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
You know, sales volume is a good measure of success, but its not always the best measure, Enterprise lots are full of Rangers and Jeeps trucks. Don't believe me, I have rented in the last month twice when the Traverse has been in for service. The Quality of the sale matters too. Ask Honda. They have never ever done a fleet sale.

GM learnt that lesson the very hard way and they are quick to avoid falling there. They no longer want to be the volume sales leader, they want to be the most profitable.

What did you end up with as a rental during those two times?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

We are talking trucks on this thread not cars, hope your lower sitting car does not get squashed crunched by a higher sitting truck with designed in induced appliance truck blind spots one day.

Nothing wrong with the classic v8 Camaro & v8 Stang leave them alone the both have no known Honda/Nissan/Toyota opposition. It's does not mean we have to fit a v8 into a Bolt to make them more exciting drives rather than send you to sleep dull drive.

Muscle cars and full size pick-ups are about the only things that have not been ruined by GM, Ford & Mopars fridge freezer appliance car design team yet both have no known Japanese competition, once you give the last Colorado this appliance truck the upswoops look you have a Toyota Tacoma sitting at the top of the US mid sized truck charts.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

Honda are strong little brand manage to prop up all the other brand sales in Europe from the bottom, that must be a big burden.

Honda reported a 285 million Euro loss in In Europe last year MMMmmmm, profitable on selling nothing?

Honda sold 50,516 cars in the EU in 2020 made a loss of 5541 Euros ($6875) on every car the sold in European Union, just as well nobody buys them.

·
Premium Member
34,053 Posts
View attachment 63771

Honda are strong little brand manage to prop up all the other brand sales in Europe from the bottom, that must be a big burden.

Honda reported a 285 million Euro loss in In Europe last year MMMmmmm, profitable on selling nothing?
Europe is Eurocentric, they think Volkwagen builds quality vehicles, the problem is systemic

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
We are talking trucks on this thread not cars, hope your lower sitting car does not get squashed crunched by a higher sitting truck with designed in induced appliance truck blind spots one day.

Nothing wrong with the classic v8 Camaro & v8 Stang leave them alone the both have no known Honda/Nissan/Toyota opposition. It's does not mean we have to fit a v8 into a Bolt to make them more exciting drives rather than send you to sleep dull drive.

Muscle cars and full size pick-ups are about the only things that have not been ruined by GM, Ford & Mopars fridge freezer appliance car design team yet both have no known Japanese competition, once you give the last Colorado this appliance truck the upswoops look you have a Toyota Tacoma sitting at the top of the US mid sized truck charts.
Some of this I agree with,some of it I'm trying to understand.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts