·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
790 Posts
They need to bring it, this segment is gaining steam and if they put forth a half you know what effort, they might as well scrap it and get out of the mid size truck segment all together.

·
Super Moderator
4,265 Posts
Looks very big. But that could just be camo.

·
Premium Member
34,058 Posts
They need to bring it, this segment is gaining steam and if they put forth a half you know what effort, they might as well scrap it and get out of the mid size truck segment all together.
The current Trucks certainly are very good, best drivers in the segment, best powertrain choices and best selection of options from entry all the way to ZR2, The interior is really the only old thing.. but it’s not like the competition is like the latest and the greatest either....

the only thing I would as is they add the 2.7, drop the2.5, add 2.0 turbo ,and keep diesel as an option all backed by the 10 speed.. say no to electrification, lastly, bring an SUV counterpart.

They should also keep the manual option with a front locker

·
Registered
17,749 Posts
Hit the market in '23 as a '24? That seems like a long way out. I know that is conjecture, but if it is already in camo, isn't 2+ years out a long time? Even if available 1/1/23 that is still 1.5 years.

·
Super Moderator
20,949 Posts
Hit the market in '23 as a '24? That seems like a long way out. I know that is conjecture, but if it is already in camo, isn't 2+ years out a long time? Even if available 1/1/23 that is still 1.5 years.
I would guess next year as a 2023.

Also someone on a Colorado/Canyon forum observed two of these trucks at their test location, apparently one was refueled with diesel and another was plugged in at night.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,348 Posts
Looks very big. But that could just be camo.
Could be, but to me and considering I park next to one in the garage, it seems to be about as it should be. They already are on the big side considering previous generations. I'm hoping whatever new styling they bring forth that it carries on in it's good looks too.

·
Registered
17,749 Posts

Also someone on a Colorado/Canyon forum observed two of these trucks at their test location, apparently one was refueled with diesel and another was plugged in at night.
So what you are saying, this article may not have the best information.

·
Registered
20,528 Posts
Is the 2.5 in the Colorado the same as in my dad's '14 Impala?
Yes basically; just like the 3.6L is basically the same as the 3.6L in my dad's 2014 Impala.

Reactions: Impala Dio

·
Registered
20,528 Posts
The cab and doors look identical in the daylight openings

Also the mirrors

Betting this is the 3rd refresh on the current Colorado platform
I quick refresh on top of a quick refresh; seems right to me too.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Interesting...I thought GM was out of the new ICE game.

Also the mirrors

That's what I'm thinking as well...I'm pretty sure GM is out of the new development of ICE products...I'm thinking refreshes from here on out unless your name is Corvette...and maybe those Honda JV Hybrids.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Interesting, I was shocked when they said the diesel was going because that is a good option for the truck. The plugin variant, whether EV or hybrid is smart as a smaller alternative and not surprising as the market moves that way.

·
Registered
17,749 Posts

Also the mirrors

What you said makes sense - I'd think if GM plans to go all-electric that they aren't developing many new ICE platforms and will rely on refreshes until the switch to BEV. Just a guess of course.

If they do follow this approach, I wonder if their quality will improve as it is more or less a page out of the Toyota playbook.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts