GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I have seen several of these things.
It would be very stupid if GM/Cadillac truly kills this model.
It would also be a set back for Cadillac as this model shows promise that it can charge a premium for a luxury convertible & be a serious contender in this luxury segment/market.
If Cadillac wants to be on the 1st tier of other luxury marques, they NEED to keep this car w/in their line up. It can help get/earn some prestige for Cadillac.

Where's Mgescuro?? ....I bet he'll be along soon to add to this topic.:)

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Welcome to 6 months ago...
This isn't news...
We have all known about this since sometime in February...

GM has made it very clear that the XLR will die when the next Gen Vette is released... The have also made it very clear that within 3-5 years the DTS and the STS will also be "History" with no replacement until 2014 at the VERY earliest.

GM never let Cadillac build an XLR that could compete with the Vette on speed or features... It has been "dead car walking" for at least 2 years now.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I just don't get what GM is doing to Cadillac. The CTS is world class, BMW beater, the rest of the lineup looks to be shooting for Acura class. I really thought that GM finally realized that Cadillac had to be a world beater, but the CTS IS Cadillac now....and for the forseeable future. To bad.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
It's sad, but not really news. I think we knew this a while ago. I'm hoping for a 4-5 seater on the Alpha platform eventually.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Oh well, I guess those who want one (me) can always buy one used.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
A Cien inspired 2nd gen XLR would be sweet. :)

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Its too bad.. The XLR had a lot of potential.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have to concur with most of the feelings here, what is GM doing with Cadillac? If Cadillac is to be considered a viable true luxury brand, it needs more true luxury models, including an expensive luxury roadster. I hope that at the very least, GM will create a new DTS/STS replacement in a short amount of time.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
it's a shame. The XLR had the potential to be a really sweet car but in the end it was overpriced and could not compete with other cars in its class. However if theres a used one for sale I'll have no problem buying it

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
I have to concur with most of the feelings here, what is GM doing with Cadillac? If Cadillac is to be considered a viable true luxury brand, it needs more true luxury models, including an expensive luxury roadster. I hope that at the very least, GM will create a new DTS/STS replacement in a short amount of time.
define "short"... NO (as in zero, nada, zilch) new DTS/STS or and other "big" sedan until 2014 at the VERY earliest... most likely will be 2020 (or never)

·
Registered
44,160 Posts
I have seen several of these things.
It would be very stupid if GM/Cadillac truly kills this model.
It would also be a set back for Cadillac as this model shows promise that it can charge a premium for a luxury convertible & be a serious contender in this luxury segment/market.
If Cadillac wants to be on the 1st tier of other luxury marques, they NEED to keep this car w/in their line up. It can help get/earn some prestige for Cadillac.

Where's Mgescuro?? ....I bet he'll be along soon to add to this topic.:)
It is EXTREMELY stupid of Cadillac/GM to kill this model.

I don't give a rats ass what their damn reason is.
CAFE? No V8? Too close to Corvette? Lack of sales?
It's the dumbest move for Cadillac.

Cadillac lacks ambition.
Cadillac lacks a true luxury car strategy.
Cadillac lacks an image.

Kill the STS.
Kill the XLR.
Keep the DTS.
Put SRX on a FWD platform.

No wonder Cadillac sits atop the trash heap of has been luxury brands.
They act like a pathetic loser!
It's shameful!!

XLR had the most potential to establish an image for Cadillac. Instead, it was treated like trash. And its interior was so sub-par for any car in this class. No wonder no one bought it.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
It's official.......Cadillac will slowly devolve into a one-trick pony.....

Ahh well......was nice while it lasted......

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Devolve?? They already are a one-trick pony!! :rolleyes:
Can't wait for the Lambda Escalade!!

:faint:
The CTS.....the sacred chalice from which automotive wisdom & superiority will flow and from which many, including Red Ink Rick and Bob Putz, indulge far too often :rolleyes:

Long live Buick, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi et al.

·
Registered
44,160 Posts
The CTS.....the sacred chalice from which automotive wisdom & superiority will flow and from which many, including Red Ink Rick and Bob Putz, indulge far too often :rolleyes:

Long live Buick, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi et al.
Sad part of it is.... CTS is actually a decent car.
The problem is that the CTS was built to be the size of the 5-series, with a 3-series price. Therefore, it just doesn't have what it takes to effectively compete with the 5-series.

It just isn't good enough. It can be better.

Cadillac needs to learn that mediocrity shows at this level.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts