GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yep its 4 door. Ford's continues to fall soo seeing the success dodge had with the 4 door charger, they figure why not. Still a work in progress i think im going to take this design and run with it. any suggestions WILL be considered as i have a million ideas as it is and cant decide

****revised/cleaned up side veiw, interior kinda****

..think thats it for this car time for a new project

·
Registered
818 Posts
Re: Next-gen Stang UPDATE

This is the first I'm seeing this and honestly I don't know bout a four door stang...I don't think the faithfuls will take to that none to lightly.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

lightbrotha2004 said:
This is the first I'm seeing this and honestly I don't know bout a four door stang...I don't think the faithfuls will take to that none to lightly.
Me either at first, but here's my two main reasons of thinking it would work.
1. Dodge had a huge hit with a 4 door version of its classic muscle car, as well as a wagon with some power.
2. Ford is releaseing a Taurus X sometime in the near future, its an suv...the name Taurus doesnt exactly scream by me or power or anything really "good" when it comes to a car.
3. Many many people want a mustang but due to practicality (kids, family, etc) dont or cant own one...so i give you the four door wagon version.

And if Ford continues to spiral downward, Im sure the faithful wont mind much.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I'd rather see the inteceptor concept. The "Taurus X" is out now and was previously named the Freestyle. Extremely functional, Terribly boring.

·
Registered
246 Posts

If Ford ever made a 4 door Mustang they'd be in trouble, if they ever made anything remotley close to that drawing of yours they'd be out of business. Nice that you have an imagination though and the drawing isn't that bad, just looks to old and boxy.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
corvette should never be a 4-door..ever. neither should the mustang really but then again neither should the charger but lok what happened...it sold like crazy. Mustang and charger...same kinda car. corvette? not even close. mine as well make the viper four door as well then

·
Registered
240 Posts
corvette should never be a 4-door..ever. neither should the mustang really but then again neither should the charger but lok what happened...it sold like crazy. Mustang and charger...same kinda car. corvette? not even close. mine as well make the viper four door as well then
Yeah I agree with you in regards to the charger. But I as well think: what has been design as a 2 door coupe should remain the same. Unless it hasn't been selling then make a few modifications. I know the ford mustang does accomplish to do fine in sells.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thats awful.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think there is a better chance of there being a four door Flacon like car like in Austrailia when Mustang goes to a global chasis. like G8 vs Camaro now. or Zeta Impala vs Zeta Camaro.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
You should team up with the other GMIer who want to consider the transformation of the Corvette into a 4 door.
You should respect those that have been here more than 5 months. Personally I don't see the Mustang going with four doors as long as Ford keeps making it year after year. The Charger works because when it was big in the 60s, when Dodge made it, it was huge. People remember a big car, what Dodge gave us is a big car...just more proportionately modern: 4 doors.

I like the ideas shown, but as others have said the design is a bit too boxy, I see what you're going for with the silhouette but the corners are a bit too sharp. That curve of the rear fender hump is good but it doesn't fit with with sharp edges of the rest of the car. Try re-tracing it but with more curves than corners, cars these days do have more edges than say the 90s but they also flow on the panels and corners. Think BMW's flame-surfacing design technique.

-camaroman22

1 - 17 of 17 Posts