GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Too pretty still. It'd look uglier than this (which isn't ugly).
I agree. The problem as I see it is that the Avenir has 21" wheels which is one of the reasons it looks so good. Would they put 21" wheels on a production LaCrosse?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think its just best Buick create something original for the next Lacrosse instead of translating the Avenir to a FWD platform. Avenir design cues would be nice on the next Lacrosse but translating vehicle as a whole isn't the best idea IMO.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Ya' know, it's actually good. It translates to FWD-ish proportions fairly well.

Did you do that?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Since it's most likely that the Avenir will heavily influence the next-generation Lacrosse. Thought I'd see how the proportions would translate onto a fwd platform.

*Not too sure about the look - Just making the presentation
I think you've nailed the look! By shortening the front to fwd dimensions, you got the LaCrosse look that is strongly inspired by Avenir. Exactly Right! Good Job!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
You have created a much more balanced design for the Avenir , thanks for the great concept . I can't see Buick going back to RWD , leave this for Cadillac . With FWD , a lot more of the past and future buyers are more satisfied with this arrangement and will be more inclined to buy FWD again ..... most cars now produced are in this configuration . It also works best for inclement weather conditions and for many , AWD isn't needed at all .Hopefully GM will be more inclined to support the Avenir in your configuration , just saying . :yup:

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya' know, it's actually good. It translates to FWD-ish proportions fairly well.
Did you do that?
While I was doing it, and finished, I tried my best not to like it, but................ :)

Don't get me wrong, I still really want a rwd Buick Flagship, and I'm fairly confidant one is coming. I’m now very optimistic for the 2016 Lacrosse.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier
1,309 Posts
While I was doing it, and finished, I tried my best not to like it, but................ :)

Don't get me wrong, I still really want a rwd Buick Flagship, and I'm fairly confidant one is coming. I’m now very optimistic for the 2016 Lacrosse.
Frankly, I do not see that next Lacrosse has Avenir's curves.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts

Well done!

A large, RWD car for Buick is OK, I guess. Personally, I wish Cadillac was strong enough to support its own platform(s) but that may be a while off. I wonder if a large RWD car "fits" the Buick brand. Just because its a fabulous car, doesn't mean it will be successful.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier
1,309 Posts
I hope so. I also hope, Avenir will go into production. And the next Enclave should be stunning. ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
I saw the Avenir in person last night at the NAIAS.

As good as it looks in pictures, you'll multiply it by 10 when you see it in person. Absolutely jaw-dropping.

Build it!

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
agreed. It's a design with staying power......... if only it was built.
I was FLOORED when I saw it in person.

Even my date for the night (very attractive blonde :D) was ignored by me when I saw it.

Picture:

I'll post some more pictures of the car and of the whole show in general when I have a chance later tonight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.