GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/02/next-gen-ford-taurus-spotted-in-china/

We're getting our first look at the next-generation Ford Taurus thanks to some spy shooters in China. While the camouflage and angle of the photo keep changes to the body a secret, there's no hiding the massive hexagonal, chrome grille up front. It lends a look very similar to the Fusion.

Beyond the eye-grabbing grille, the headlights are reshaped, but are still quite squinty. There's also a new lower air dam that runs the width of the front with LEDs at the top corners.

The hexagonal grille fits the design of the Fusion well, but this single image makes it look a little too big and disproportionate for the fullsize Ford sedan. Maybe the integration works better from a different angle, though.

Reactions: Hitman1970

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
You know, I feel that this segment is small enough that you can give up some sales in order to demand higher transaction prices. I feel that Ford should just make this vehicle RWD, they can even share the platform with Lincoln models (some of them that is).

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
A longer and a bit more formal Ford Fusion would hardly be a bad thing:
Not at all. I don't think it looks bad from what little we see. Also, the "shape" of the grille is evolving a bit. It seems like it is less "tapered" than previous Aston-inspired grilles and appears more symmetrical.

·
Premium Member
36,290 Posts
Wonder if they fixed the "Big on the Outside, Cramped on the Inside" modifications they made post-500 devolvements.

Actually, a lot of the latter was mixed into the current gen Taurus.
I think that's Geordy's (Star Trek) car isn't it?

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Autoblog (AKA Honduhblog) is at least a week behind on this specific Chinese news - and the idea of this being a larger Fusion is almost six or eight months old - in fact, I believe the same rag (autoblog) dismissed the Taurus as being eliminated from the lineup completely a month or two ago.

Taurus was always going to be updated as and based on the Fusion. Makes perfect sense since Fusion is one of the best Fords made and economies of scale will work well expanding the product line. Heck, Toyoduh does this with the Avalon - it is NOT a unique product - it is merely a stretched Camry with new sheetmetal - always has been.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
It lends a look very similar to the Fusion.
No.

It lends a look similar to the CURRENT Taurus.

The Fusions grille is quite different.

Why would Ford be testing a Taurus in China? Doesn't stack up for me.
Perhaps it won't be sold in the US?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts