GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Why is it wearing the old Cadillac crests?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Since it is custom stying, it would have been nice to see something with a little less of the boxy straight lines. Then again, there are only so many ways to carve out a tank. :)

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Anyone care to speculate on mileage?

Gallons per mile?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Not necessarily. I believe he has (or had) a Chrysler 300C.
He had a 300C until someone noticed that it doesn't have cred with the "green" crowd. Now I believe he has an Escape Hybrid, although his days of driving it are probably over until at least 2012.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
"I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is a round.
"

"... It's a DTS, STS, Escalade, GMC..."
LOL, I was listening to that just the other day on the iPod.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
This looks better than the current one. By putting the Escalade headlights and grill it better fits the massive proportions than the DTS headlamps. Also the updated rear better fits with the high roof. This is a huge improvement. Nice to see the executive limo getting an update.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I imagine that the diesel is practical now since most of the support vehicles, i.e the black Suburbans/Yukon XL's with the nice guys with Uzi's, also run on diesel, so only one pump is now needed in the White House garage.

Obama has no need for a limo since he simply floats over the ground and converts to pure energy and just beams himself to a new location. You must cover your eyes though, lest you be struck blind for your insolence. Dont worry though, he will whip all 56 or 57 states into shape in no time

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Pretty cool to see this out testing! Neat to see it coming along and getting an idea of where they're at in the process. I didn't know the current car would be getting replaced so fast though? Interesting. One thing the article said about it being based on a truck platform; the current car is as well. Pretty funny to see them trying to build it like a car on a truck platform. That's one of the reasons why it looks so different then the production DTS. Also, like others have mentioned as well, the U.S Presidential vehicle must be a lot more secuire then any counterpart from another country. ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I imagine that the diesel is practical now since most of the support vehicles, i.e the black Suburbans/Yukon XL's with the nice guys with Uzi's, also run on diesel, so only one pump is now needed in the White House garage.

Obama has no need for a limo since he simply floats over the ground and converts to pure energy and just beams himself to a new location. You must cover your eyes though, lest you be struck blind for your insolence. Dont worry though, he will whip all 56 or 57 states into shape in no time
McGarrett,

That is incorrect about the support vehicles and the diesel. Also, the Secret Service phased out the Uzi as a primary weapon for Agents and Officers a number of years ago.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
For comparison, here's Bush's current ride:

I think this new one is going to look better. I like Clinton's limo too:

ciciusss, since you seem to know what you're talking about, why are the limos going to be destroyed now instead of going to museums/presidential libraries?

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Where do see the old crests? The ones on the door panel look new to me.
After looking again, you're right. The Shield looked more upright like the older ones, but it is the new style one. It just somehow looks more like the older one shape-wise but it's lacking the ducks and crown of the old.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
That is incorrect about the support vehicles and the diesel. Also, the Secret Service phased out the Uzi as a primary weapon for Agents and Officers a number of years ago.

What are they using now? MP5's? The Uzi refference was old, I just recalled it from an story that my old man told me about one time he saw the Prez in Atlanta.

When W was running for re-election in 2004 I saw them drive by not 20 ft from me and I did hear the diesel clatter of the support vehicles under hard acceleration, so there have to be some in the fleet.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
MCGARRETT; you MAY be correct regarding the first bush, he was a weirdo anyway. But I distinctly recall when Reagan came in, he brought Cadillac back with him.

·
Registered
460 Posts
What are they using now? MP5's? The Uzi refference was old, I just recalled it from an story that my old man told me about one time he saw the Prez in Atlanta.

When W was running for re-election in 2004 I saw them drive by not 20 ft from me and I did hear the diesel clatter of the support vehicles under hard acceleration, so there have to be some in the fleet.
The H&K MP5 is one among several firearms the Secret Service currently uses. Not all the vehicles in a motorcade are a part of the Secret Service fleet, but without knowing more of what vehicles you are referring too in Atlanta it would be speculation on my part. But, my original point stands.

As for the older limos, a number of things could be in their future. A number of them make it out to the training facility, for example.

Also, I forget the post, but only Special Agents drive the President or Vice President. They are either in their second or third phase of their career, are assigned to either the President's or Vice President's detail and have attended further advanced protective driver training. The 1st phase of a Special Agent's career begins in a field office. That usually is a 4-7 year assignment. Prior to their 1st assignment, Special Agents go through currently 11 weeks of basic criminal investigative training down at FLETC in Glynco, Georgia and then receive 16 weeks of specialized training at the Rowley Training Center in Beltsville, Maryland.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts