GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
While I find myself excited about this at the same time I'm not. I'm just not feeling the move to being mid-engined.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I honestly can’t get enough. The C6 I had an emotional connection because of the LS7 but nothing from the C7 generation. Now they‘ve got me back with the flat-plane and the ability with this chassis to stick it to the Euros.

·
Banned
660 Posts
I honestly can’t get enough. The C6 I had an emotional connection because of the LS7 but nothing from the C7 generation. Now they‘ve got me back with the flat-plane and the ability with this chassis to stick it to the Euros.
This is exactly why GM should put all of their focus into the Corvette. The rest of the cars and trucks are secondary at best.

·
Premium Member
34,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The C7 power was just awesome, it was so much power, people were just afraid of it, nobody, not even the Media had the guts to take it to its potential, the only person, that had the guts was a development engineer dude, and when he did at VIR it took down the 918, just like that, the Porsche corporation had to upgrade tires and bring in a Porsche Hot shoe, still could not take it down, its like Corvette could have brought in Jordan Taylor and destroyed it again.. but Chevrolet is too confident in their capabilities to do that. They know what their cars are made off.
Azure Rectangle Font Number Screenshot

This Z06 is going to be fast around tracks than the ZR1 C7 Generation, which Chevrolet cheated out of potential greatness by not giving a DCT

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
The C7 power was just awesome, it was so much power, people were just afraid of it, nobody, not even the Media had the guts to take it to its potential, the only person, that had the guts was a development engineer dude, and when he did at VIR it took down the 918, just like that, the Porsche corporation had to upgrade tires and bring in a Porsche Hot shoe, still could not take it down, its like Corvette could have brought in Jordan Taylor and destroyed it again.. but Chevrolet is too confident in their capabilities to do that. They know what their cars are made off.
View attachment 64426

This Z06 is going to be fast around tracks than the ZR1 C7 Generation, which Chevrolet cheated out of potential greatness by not giving a DCT
Funny you bring up VIR which is one of my favorite tracks but pure American. All about speed and less technical. I’m talking about beating them on there own turf. Creating a vehicle that’s great at everything but also that has character. The C7 was down on that. Juat add more power it’ll be fine was the thinking. In that time frame the Alpha platform got created and executed better.

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Premium Member
34,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny you bring up VIR which is one of my favorite tracks but pure American. All about speed and less technical. I’m talking about beating them on there own turf. Creating a vehicle that’s great at everything but also that has character. The C7 was down on that. Juat add more power it’ll be fine was the thinking. In that time frame the Alpha platform got created and executed better.
Well, Speed is what its about, I think VIR is a difficult track, you have to fly through some eses and carry speed through the ups and downs, its not easy, Torque and down force, is what really matters not ultimate speed as you power through the the slower sections, lack any of those, your goose is cooked

·
Premium Member
34,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some you tumbers are reporting times like 7.12 in industry pool day traffic, therefore we should expect to see it set an official time over the next few days here...
I hope some dude is sneaky enough to not get cleared off the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts