GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This spring my father has once again followed me in purchasing another car, First it was when I bought my 3rd gen Camaro, he went out and bought a 3rd Gen Camaro, I sold that, and bought a 2nd Gen Camaro, well now he sold his and bought a 2nd Gen Firebird.

Here are some Pics, Its in pretty good shape, will need to be painted sometime.

Some together with the rest of the GM crew (not shown is Fathers 2005 Saturn vue and sisters 2005 Ford Escape)

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Beautiful cars.

·
Registered
962 Posts
very nice...I had a 78 Firebird formula for 16 years and sold it in 2004--now regret it big time. Bought it way back in 88 when I was 18. I love the 2nd gen f-bods. Even more so then my 4th gen (although I admit the 4th gen is a better performer and better built in almost every way). But then again on 78 Formula had 130,000 miles on it before I rebuilt it so maybe not a fair comparison.

I see that T/A is A/C free from the factory--somebody knew what they were ordering at the time! Check for that build sheet behind the back seat --I found mine there and it tells it all!

I know many disagree, but it really is a shame that the Camaro won't have its sister for the 5th generation. IMO the two go hand and hand.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Those are some mighty fine looking pony cars! Lucky you!

I know many disagree, but it really is a shame that the Camaro won't have its sister for the 5th generation. IMO the two go hand and hand.
Isn't that the truth. I'd pay over sticker to be the first to have a 2010 Trans Am on my block.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Congratulations! A spectacular addition to your collection.

Why doesn't offer such colour selections anymore? And why is an interior of a GM car decades old much more interesting than their current design?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are some mighty fine looking pony cars! Lucky you!

Ya but those pony cars came with 180 or so HP stock :(, but at least my Camaro is stock no longer :)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
A big plus is the WS6 package with the 4 wheel discs, the 15x8 wheels , and the good suspension. As said, they had no power but that is easy to remedy. Nice group of cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts