GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
Maybe Production is limited? Gladiator sold 20,500 units in Q4, so 80k+ per year at high MSRP/Margin. Do they have capacity to throw on top fo that with new GC 3 row + Wagoneer/GW launching this year? They are going to make more money off of those SUV's than they would a Dakota.
Very true and because they're all sold under one roof it made the Dakota redundant to the Gladiator.

·
Registered
16,934 Posts
I can see the argument for killing the Dakota as with the higher priced gladiator + the SMALL market for midsized pick ups and add in the NEED to develop EV vehicles and the high likeliness that lower volume segment products will have a short "shelf life"
as far as I understand it the SRT as-a-brand is being dismantled and put back how it used to be before they created a "Stand alone" brand of SRT
SRT never made that much sense to me. You still have to go to a Dodge or Jeep dealership and everyone knows it is a Dodge Challenger, as far as I know, no one calls it an "SRT Challenger". In other words I don't see what SRT as a brand did for anyone. Same as Ram - they can do away with that too. It's a freaking DODGE Ram, they aren't kidding anyone and aren't doing anything with the Dodge brand that makes the Ram a bad fit. Distinctions with no point as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
33,260 Posts
Maybe Production is limited? Gladiator sold 20,500 units in Q4, so 80k+ per year at high MSRP/Margin. Do they have capacity to throw on top fo that with new GC 3 row + Wagoneer/GW launching this year? They are going to make more money off of those SUV's than they would a Dakota.
Yeah, the ChicKen tax however makes sure that they have to build whatever they build here.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
SRT never made that much sense to me. You still have to go to a Dodge or Jeep dealership and everyone knows it is a Dodge Challenger, as far as I know, no one calls it an "SRT Challenger". In other words I don't see what SRT as a brand did for anyone. Same as Ram - they can do away with that too. It's a freaking DODGE Ram, they aren't kidding anyone and aren't doing anything with the Dodge brand that makes the Ram a bad fit. Distinctions with no point as far as I can tell.
Sergio had to pretend to make changes to ChryCo in order to get access to all the cash to rape and pillage for Fiat/Alfa/Maserati.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Well, In America, Stellantis brands are dead on arrival anyways outside of their American brands. Fiat 500's are dirt cheap used

Buick is a more Dead brand than Chrysler.. Atleast Chrysler offers something Unique to the Company, instead of Rebadged Denali's

·
Premium Member
33,260 Posts
Buick is a more Dead brand than Chrysler.. Atleast Chrysler offers something Unique to the Company, instead of Rebadged Denali's
Buick is dead? Not according to good car bad car, they sold 162,749 vehicles last year in the United States vs. Alfa Romeo 18,585, Fiat sold 4304, they did not bother to reveal Maserati. Chrysler sold 110,285, so as you can see, Buick is not so bad

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
Just think of the Overlap in Cadillac/Buick/GMC Dealers.. 3 flavors of the same vehicle plus 2 sedans. SMH
For all GM's so called engineering might that is really all they are in 2020, 4 divisions of the same warmed over crossovers, Camaro & Corvette, 2 forgettable Cadillac Sedans and the Full Size Trucks and SUVs...if it wasn't for the Full Sizers GM would be in deep :poop:. The EV future may be bright for them, but they've got to get through these next few years of rough ICE phaseout with their weak lower end lineup.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Buick is dead? Not according to good car bad car, they sold 162,749 vehicles last year in the United States vs. Alfa Romeo 18,585, Fiat sold 4304, they did not bother to reveal Maserati. Chrysler sold 110,285, so as you can see, Buick is not so bad
2 Model Lineup one being a aging sedan and then a Minivan VS a brand with 4 Crossovers in a "Hot Crossover" Market and 2 other Cars that are discontinued still on car lots....Nice try buddy

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,681 Posts
For all GM's so called engineering might that is really all they are in 2020, 4 divisions of the same warmed over crossovers, Camaro & Corvette, 2 forgettable Cadillac Sedans and the Full Size Trucks and SUVs...if it wasn't for the Full Sizers GM would be in deep :poop:. The EV future may be bright for them, but they've got to get through these next few years of rough ICE phaseout with their weak lower end lineup.
As it should be, the "haters" still gonna hate. For all of GM's so called "likeness" in their products, they do seem to do alright in the market.

·
Premium Member
33,260 Posts
2 Model Lineup one being a aging sedan and then a Minivan VS a brand with 4 Crossovers in a "Hot Crossover" Market and 2 other Cars that are discontinued still on car lots....Nice try buddy
No one is claiming that Buick is outselling Toyota, but neither is Chrysle. Buicks line up is essentially 3 models, and they are all Chevrolets with leather.
So in that sense, it’s not like they are not bringing a profit. This is a business in the end. But okay, Buick is dYing if you say so.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Yeah I've said that before, now that Buick is all CUV there really is no reason why they exist in the US, roll the product line into GMC and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
33,260 Posts
Yeah I've said that before, now that Buick is all CUV there really is no reason why they exist in the US, roll the product line into GMC and call it a day.
GMC already has largely the same products as Buick. In the end, it’s consumer choice. Same can be said for Hyundai vs. Kia, or Chrysler vs. Dodge. Killing brands never pays off in sales, It might bring some styling and intergration costs savings, but that’s about it.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,681 Posts
GMC already has largely the same products as Buick. In the end, it’s consumer choice. Same can be said for Hyundai vs. Kia, or Chrysler vs. Dodge. Killing brands never pays off in sales, It might bring some styling and intergration costs savings, but that’s about it.
I see it as this: Some people don't want a product from GMC with the stigma of "It's a truck" even if it is only an SUV/CUV. They prefer the "softer side" of things as in the Buick rather. Just sayin' :)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I see it as this: Some people don't want a product from GMC with the stigma of "It's a truck" even if it is only an SUV/CUV. They prefer the "softer side" of things as in the Buick rather. Just sayin' :)
Buick = metrosexual, GMC = macho

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
At least Sergio didn't leave them for dead like Mercedes did. I never liked Sergio, but at least he saw the value in the Chrysler brands (except for Chrysler itself).
I disagree.

Chrysler is dead.
Dodge is dying, despite what the GMI braintrust thinks, I see the sales threads everytime, they sell less and less vehicles every year.
Jeep is dying a death of a thousand papercuts.
Ram is doing fine, but it's only 2 vehicles, easy to do when one is made by someone else.

Mercedes at least gave them the best selling vehicles that they have by way of the triplets and the durango.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts